Frequent crashes under certain conditions

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 pro, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, 32Gb RAM, Roon version 1.8 build 756

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritz!Box 7950, Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet connection to a Raspberry PI, then, S/PDIF connection with a TEAC DAC

Description Of Issue

Αfter I installed version 1.8, the system crashes very often. Specifically, I write a common word in the search field, for example “DUKE”. Then I find Duke Ellinghon in the “ARTIST” area of the screen. If I press “more” button, Roon crashes 10 times out of 10.
I should mention that my Database has about 18.5 thousands albums (in a Synology NAS mapped network drive)

Hi @Spyros_Moschonas

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Can you reproduce this once more and, after Roon crashes, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Hello Dylan,
Thanks for your response. Since build 764, the mentioned problem does not exist any more.
The only issue I have is that, “Discover” seems to be doing nothing, just the Roon icon in the center of the screen. I suspect that it has to do with my large database (about 18.5 thousands albums). Anyway, not a major problem for me.
regards,
Spyros

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.