Frequent Loss of Music Database Rows (ref#P8AC5X)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

I am experiencing freezes or crashes

I randomly lose large portions (30-50% or more)
of my music database- all genres. So far I have had to repopulate the database(s) at least twice, and last evening it happened again. I found a supposed “ fix” in the Community - log out of Tidal, shut down my Innuos, restart the Innuos, log back into Tidal (all through Roon) - no help. Actually, doing this caused even MORE albums to disappear.

More details about your system may help

1 Like

I run an Innuos Zenith Mk.3 (10.0.0.141)

It is an MSB Premier DAC w/ Premier Powerbase.

Powered by an Audio Analogue integrated amp.

Pretty simple stuff, I thought.

Let me know what other details you need - I am new to this so apologies in advance if what you get isn’t exactly what you wanted. But I’ll keep trying. :grinning:

Music is still disappearing. Seems to be random. Six stored albums one time, ten the next (in a different genre). Have stopped even opening ROON for fear that even more will vanish.

Hi @David_Jensen,

Thanks for writing in! To confirm, its only Tidal tracks that are causing you issues?

Lets see if clearing your Tidal cache may help:

• Exit out of Roon/Roon Server
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Benjamin,

I will try that and report back!

Hi Benjamin,

I run ROON off of an iPad, which of course does not use Finder. Do you know a way to access the database on on iPad without Finder?

Hi @David_Jensen,

Ah, you are correct in that you’ll need a computer for the above procedure.

Where does your local library live, and how is it connected to your Innous? And how is your Innous connected to your network? Are you able to set up a direct ethernet connection between the two?

If you haven’t yet, I would also save a fresh backup just to be safe. :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.