Frequent Tidal dropouts

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

29%20PM 36%20PM

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

[quote=“Michael_Conners, post:1, topic:66089”]
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon FIOS , wired and wireless
also using managed switch ARAKNIS AN-310
54%20PM 14%20PM 27%20PM

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

RaspberryPi Digi+ . WIRED
RaspberryPi IQ-Audio DAC - WIRED
iPhone
iPad
MacMini - WIRED
AirPlay
AudioEngine HD6 Bluetooth
AudioEngine A2+ USB

Description Of Issue
first 3/4 tracks of a playlist will play through complete, then the next song may go halfway then jump to the next, eventually it will just skip to the next, all the way to the end of the playlist. This does not occur when listening to library files. It happens on Tidal tracks both Added to library and not added.
Using the Tidal app this never happens.

Hi @Michael_Conners,

Does this same behavior occur if you play to System Output of your Core machine?

Hi Dylan ;

It has never happened then but that would be a VERY small sample. I hardly ever listen to TIDAL at my desk. The Core Machine is my desktop machine. I am retired and only use this MacMini a couple of hours a day. The OS is on a SSD and the ROON library is in an iTunes Music Folder on another standard HD.

Hi @Michael_Conners,

Thanks for the info here! Knowing whether this is limited to certain endpoints, specifically local versus networked endpoints, would be a great starting place for determining where this behavior is stemming from.

Generally, this type of behavior stems from networking issues. You mention above that you’re using a managed switch, and as mentioned in our Networking Guide, we typically recommend against that as they can require some advanced configuration. Definitely take a look at our guide linked above and see if any of the suggestions there help.

Thanks!

Dylan, this is good info. Thanks. It is most noticeable and consequently most annoying when I’m sitting back during a critical listening session. These generally occur on the Pioneer Elite with the DIGI+ endpoint,

the NAD with the IQ -Audio DAC endpoint

or my iPhone with OPPO HA2 DAC

I will investigate the managed switch issue. I have a rather complex home system as I used to own and operate a high-end home theater/home automation company and have a tremendous amount of IP devices and ZigBee devices. The FIOS Router feeds two switches, a managed one in the theater and a not managed one in the den. If the problem happened on the wired devices more than the wireless, I’d be inclined to agree with the switch but WiFi seems a bigger issue ( although, again, not via TIDAL APP)

I just wanted to update you. I just did a thorough reassess of my network. I also went into the switch and enabled flow control which was OFF. I also found multicast and broadcast disabled so I turned them on. There was no throttling. I will report back after a few days of testing with these changes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.