Further chromecast display issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Server, 48 gigs ram, 24 core, running ESXi, roon running in a virtual with 8 of the cores and 12gigs ram. OpenMediaVault (linux) OS

Roon version 1.6 build 416 stable 64bit

Ubiquiti Unifi switches and wifi, Roon server and players all ethernet

Router is Untangle UTM

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

A custom pc with USB Connection into various dacs depending on how I feel.

Description Of Issue

Chromecasting the currently playing track. Worked fine for a while but now the single Shield Device I have shows up multiple times in the roon server display settings and none of them work

Have you rebooted everything?

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

I would definitely start off by rebooting all your devices, in this order preferably:
Networking Gear -> Core -> Shield. After a reboot, does the Shield only show up once and works as a display?

If the behavior is still the same after a reboot, would you have a standard non-VM Core you can use to temporarily host Roon on? Does the same behavior still occur there? Note: Just as a precautionary measure when performing this step, I would advise creating a Backup of your database.

Hi noris

I returned to the VM because its about the only situation where I can get the display to work at all. On a smaller dell 310 server the display starts but freezes immediately after. This dell is relatively meaty so not sure whats happening there. On a customer PC which is somewhat weak it also freezes. I have also tried with a standard chromcast thingy.

I could reboot on the weekend and see what happens, but this is essentially enterprise gear so it would be a shame to have to constantly do that. But I’ll give it as try.

This may have begun after a recent shield update, so it could be that!

1 Like

Hi @Gareth_Irwin,

Thanks for the additional info. I would definitely try a reboot of the gear as I noted to see if that changes anything.

Also, can you confirm that displays still work as expected in other types of browsers such as Chrome and Firefox?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.