FYI: RoonOS 253 earlyaccess will move to 254 production automatically

You had to manally install it, so if you didnt do that you have just recieved the released update from previous release Roon OS. Everyone who tried out the earlyaccess is stuck on it.

1 Like

The best I remember, I was out of the early access program at the time and Roon OS 254 just showed up.

Yes then this was the recent production release from the old IIRC 223 and is expected:

We are having a different problem because we were on the manually installed 253 earlyaccess that immediately preceded 254, and should have been moved automatically to 254 but weren’t

1 Like

Hi @AMP, just like other posters here, I see still no sign of an update from 253 to 254. Seeing that you did not want us to ‘end up orphaned’, do you recommend us triggering the update to 254 via a Production file, or is it useful for Roon that we hang around on 253 for now? Thanks.

4 Likes

Hmm - I’ve just tried using the roon-production.bin file in the Reinstall directory and that hasn’t bumped me up to build 254 of Roon OS.

Now switched back to Early Access using the roon-earlyaccess.bin file, and still stuck on build 253…

Oh well, at least the Reinstall mechanism for Roon itself seems to be working. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hey @Geoff_Coupe

You’ll need the roonos-production.bin file instead of roon-production.bin.

It’s available here:

1 Like

I thought as much, but couldn’t find it… Thanks.

1 Like

OK - now up and running on Build 254 using Roon 2.0 Early Access…

Got tired waiting and don’t want to keep thinking about not getting orphaned, so moved manually. No issue, didn’t have to reauthorize either

Same for me, ROCK is still on 253.

I gave up waiting for a switch to be thrown in Roon Labs HQ, so I downloaded roonos-production.bin and did a manual upgrade.

1 Like

The roonos-production.bin trick did it for me. Now on 254

1 Like

Do a manual upgrade as I did. I suspect the Roonies have got their hands full with other things to deal with now.

1 Like

@AMP just a question… I’m still sitting on earlyaccess b253. Should I force to 254, or get back on production, or not worry about it? Thanks.

See above. Looks like most people here have updated to 254. No reason to stay on 253.

There is now a 255 for those who stayed on earlyaccess, though it doesn’t do anything for most people.

So if I’m on earlyaccess, is it strange that I’m stuck on 253? I guess I’m still after all this time trying to judge if (a) I’m doing anyone any good by staying in earlyaccess for RoonOS, and (b) if I should manually push to a new version somehow.

Me too. I know I could update manually, but it was supposed to happen automatically. Is it a non-problem that we should just forget about?

It’s not a problem now, but the intention was to move us all to production so that we don’t get orphaned on an old earlyaccess build, because they are not expected to get updated regularly. See the first post of this thread.

I don’t know why it never happened and all questions to @AMP about it in this thread didn’t receive an answer. Maybe the plan changed because of anticipated additional changes like the one in the new earlyaccess 255 now.

Anyway, most people in this thread seem to have switched to production manually.

I haven’t switched back yet. I always remember when I’m not at home.

1 Like