Gaps in playback to Sonos zones

Hi - thanks for the follow up - however, I still experience gaps in playback to Sonos zones. They are random and inconsistent, but definitely still occur. I was justing listing to Neil Young Tuscaloosa (a live recording) and there were at least two or three transitions between songs where there were gaps where there shouldn’t be.

Hi @HeavyMetalDrummer ,

I split your post out from the previous thread to better focus on your report. I don’t see that we ever got a full setup description from you, can you please fill the following form out?

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Also, can you please let us know the exact local time + date + track when you next experience this issue? Thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus+ Rev A. Version 2.0 (build 1272) production
Recently upgraded to dual Kingston 16GB RAM chips and a Samsung 980 PRO SSD 500GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe (flashed ROCK and updated with Nucleus code).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

The Nucleus is ethernet connected to a 1G Frontier fiber connection. TPLink gigabit switches and router. Speed is excellent, at least 950mbps at the router and Nucleus and >500mbps from wifi devices.

Connected Audio Devices

UltraRendu and Brooklyn DAC+
Multiple Sonos Amps and Arcs. Latest updates are applied.

Number of Tracks in Library

94,000 total tracks, 5500 albums, 1000 artists
84,000 local tracks on a SSD drive in the Nucleus, the rest are on both Tidal and Qobuz

Description of Issue

I still experience gaps in playback to Sonos zones. I will be away until august 2 and my core is shut down until then. I will post an example when I get back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.