Genres present in collection doesn't show up in drop down menu

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Notebook HP ac151dx (Win 64 / 4GB RAM, i5 5th gen / build 1.7 (v571))

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core and end points connected via ethernet. The problem is present even when operating directly on core machine and no network is involved.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Core uses a USB Mbox 2 Mini as audio device.

Description Of Issue

A couple of genres (as far as I detected, “Salsa” and “Tango”) do not show up in drop down menus. So if, for example, I want to assign “Tango” as the parent genre of “Nuevo Tango”, I have no way to do it.

Attached images show the “Tango” genre page, as a proof of its existence; then the “Nuevo Tango” genre edit page, where “Tango” doesn’t show up in the ‘parent genre’ drop down menu (it should appear under “Rioplantense”).

Hi @Carlos_Olmedo1,

What (if anything) is the current parent genre of Nuevo Tango?

Have you made any edits to genre mappings in the past?

Since I couldn’t put it under “Tango”, at first I left “Nuevo Tango” as top-level genre. Later I decided to at least sort it the closest I could to the correct hierarchy, so now it’s “Latinoamericana” > “Rioplatense” > “Nuevo Tango” (sharing the same level with “Tango”).
I did genre mappings edit, yes. This is how “Tango” looks in the “genre mapping” page:

… hello?

Hi @Carlos_Olmedo1,

Apologies for the delay here. I have a meeting scheduled with our QA team to discuss this later today — I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve discussed with them.

hi, @dylan. Any news?

Hi @Carlos_Olmedo1 — Apologies for not following up. I spoke with the QA team and they took a ticket for this and are trying to reproduce this in-house. I’ll be sure to follow up after their testing is complete!

Hi, @dylan. Any news from the tests?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.