Gets error while setting Roon ARC

Roon Core Machine

Zspace NAS Z4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS AX-88U connects to the modem.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

While I wanted to set up my Roon ARC, I got the error information as below. May I ask for a help?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“223.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">501ActionFailed</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that your Core is having difficulty reaching Roon servers. There are several independent factors that can cause this error, so we recommend double-checking the following to initiate troubleshooting:

• Is your router firmware up to date?
  • Do you have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security on this network?
  • Are you experiencing any issues with Roon Remotes, or other apps on your local network?

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?
  • Is your router firmware up to date?
    Yes.
  • Do you have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security on this network?
    No, while using Roon ARC
  • Are you experiencing any issues with Roon Remotes, or other apps on your local network?
    No issues, while under the local network, I could use Mobile Roon ARC(Android).
  1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
    Modem: China Mobile H3-2s
    Router: Asus AX88U, Merlin fireware.

2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    No.

3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
    China Mobile,
    Liaoning Province, China

4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?
    Not in Bridge Mode.
    The modem does the PPPoE, and the Router does the rest.

Please see the following guide for your modem to set up port forwarding. Kindly note that this won’t work if China Mobile uses CGNAT.

1 Like

Thanks for the details, i will try on my devices. But I did hear that the first thing is to obtain the real Public IP, otherwise it will be just as you said, all the rest settings won’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.