Getting playlists from jriver to Roon

Core Machine

Network Details

Audio Devices

Library Size

Description of Issue

I had a problem a few weeks back where Roon could not find my music anymore. I posted about it but got no help. I ended up downloaded the newest version of Roon but lost all backups and playlists. I can now play music again but want my playlists back.

I still have JRiver and my playlists are still there. When I first got Roon, I couldn’t figure out how to import my playlists so I remade them which took a very very long time. This time, I have tried again following the instructions. I put my JRiver playlists in a folder and exported them to the folder where my music for Roon is stored. I can see them there but I guess Roon can’t because it still says I have no playlists.

Please help. I don’t want to redo them again, especially since Roon may lose all my info again at any time like just happened to me.

I have Roon on a Mac computer but never run it there. JRiver is also on the mac. I use an Amazon tablet to run Roon .I have a nucleus and my music stored there and backed up on a WD Nas and on a WD backup hard drive

Have you thrown the Playlists switch in Settings>Storage Locations>3 dot menu?

yes. I have yes checked next to import other playlists and the jriver playlists are M3U

Have you figured this out? I am trying to get roon to read my jriver playlist.

not yet. and it really should be a simple thing to do.

I am getting close. it seems it can done by exporting a playlist from jriver. But in my situation it’s missing songs from playlists.

you have probably seen this. pretty simple. the part about m3u playlists should work for JRiver. I dont know why, but it didn’t work for me

go to this thread.“Import playlist from J.River to Roon”

we figured out how to do it

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.