Getting Roon to turn on preamp when playing a song

I am a complete novice at this stuff, so please be gentle and clear in any responses. I’m using latest build of Roon (version 1.6, build 390, 64-bit) with SonicTransporter i5 (with latest software update - 2.7) on 64-bit Windows 10 (latest build), which is connected to a USB drive holding my music and to a Marantz AV7005 receiver/preamp via Phiree U2S USB to SPDIF converter, with cables to a coax and optical input on preamp. I have the Roon remote app on an iPhone XR.

It used to be that I could simply find a song in Roon that I wanted to play, hit the play button, and even with the receiver on standby, that would turn it on and the song would be played through my system. I have no idea how it did that, but after recently updating to latest version of Roon, that doesn’t work anymore. Roon also can’t find any devices when it searches. I can use it, but I have to first turn on the preamp manually and set it to the correct input (which this time around is AUX, although previously I think it was through Net/USB).

Anyone have any ideas on how to set things up so they work as they did previously?

Maybe your pre only auto detects a stream on the Usb input and turns on accordingly. suggest perhaps you read the Pre manual.

Thanks. That was it–preamp wasn’t being detected by Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.