Getting stuck in a crash loop, since 987 & 988!

Roon Core Machine

Antipodes EX software 2.7.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ISP > Uptone EtherRegen > fibre > Mikrotik CRS 305 (router) > EX > Mikrotik mAP lite > wifi > Devialet Pro

This has outstanding sound quality.

Connected Audio Devices

See above. Only Devialet Pro.

Number of Tracks in Library

None stored locally, all streamed from Tidal. Most are in playlists, the library is small.

Description of Issue

Since build 988, the problem that was apparently solved by 987 and 988 (even though I was not experiencing it) is now happening.

The EX stays on, wifi and roon remote (Android tablet) are turned off when not listening to music.

But every night I start to listen to music, I turn on the remote app and roon gets stuck in a loop trying to find the core, over and over. It is only resolved by rebooting the EX after which is stable.

Try simplifying your network setup, and connect the Devialet Pro via Ethernet. If you do this, does the problem persist?

1 Like

Hey @Dale_Bastin,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! @Martin_Webster is steering you in the right direction here by starting with a stripped-down, simple-as-possible setup.

We’ve enabled diagnostics on your account, but haven’t found anything out of the ordinary regarding the loop you’ve mentioned above. If possible, can you provide a more detailed step-by-step of your process?

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

1 Like

This problem has arisen even though the network has not changed. This problem has never occurred before regardless of what the network has been.

The network is quite simple really: the EtherRegen serves as a FMC, the CRS 305 is the necessary router, there is hard wire from router to Antipodes EX, and the Antipodes EX has a built in switch on its motherboard and is reliable. I have previously used a different WAP, (before the mAP lite) and the wifi to Devialet Pro has never had an issue. Once the core is connected and audio zone functioning, it is does not go back into a crash loop.

Therefore I don’t believe the network is a logical place to start investigating. But I will try wired connection from EX to the Devialet.

What are the other possibilities?

That’s what being suggested, do you have a better option?

Again, I dont think changing the network, including doing wired connection to Devialet, will solve it

No, I dont have a better option, that is why I submitted this.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.