Getting "There was an error checking for an update" message. How do I resolve?

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
Running Monterey 12.6
8GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wi-Fi
Cox router

Connected Audio Devices

Moon Audio 280D streaming DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

5,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Macis trying to load the 2.0 update update but get the above captioned message. Have restarted Mac several times, but no resolution.

Hi Mike,

Fellow user here. I see you’ve restarted the Mac, but, have you tried restarting the router and see if that clears things up?

Cheers.

Thanks Dan! Yes, I have but I’ll try that again. Mike

Hi, @Mike_Capone, thank you for the report. Could you, please, use the directions found here and send over a set of Roon logs from your macOS to our File Uploader?

Thanks!

Ivan

try changing your DNS provider… I’ve just helped others with DNS issues…

try 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

Sorry for my delay, but I’ve submitted the files you requested. It’s tagged with my email: [Moderated] Thanks!

Have you tried danny’s suggestion for changing the dns?

No, trying to figure out how that is done.

Do you have their Panoramic Wifi Gateway? If not what router are you using?

Yes. Their Panoramic Gateway.

Hmm, what I got by a quick google is that unit doesn’t have the option to change DNS, but, that entry was serveral years ago and I’m not sure how appropriate it is.

I’m looking on the DNS Server data & currently see a “Primary DNS” number. Is that where I need top be?

Thanks! I guess I’ll just have to wait on Ivan’s response.

I would write down the number which is there, and then replace it with 1.1.1.1 and see if that helps. If it doesn’t work then you can go back and put the original number there.

I’ll do that and see what happens. Thanks!

Is it possible for me to just remove Roon and start over? I have my albums, playlist, etc. in Dropbox so I can reestablish the key data I need. Thanks in advance!

Ivan, when will you have an opportunity to look at my logs to determine what is happening? I would really like to get this fixed today. Thanks for your help. Mike