Going DIY + ROCK. Here is my configuration: Suggestions?

It did not recognize it. I got help from forum and i had to re-format it (Erase) and the HDD was new so I went ahead with re-format to ExFAT from MacAir. Finally all data is now transferred over night from NAS to my Toshiba HDD.

2 Likes

Hello Danny,

Just to provide some feeedback:
I had no issues thanks to your step by step Guide.
I installed ROCK on NUC7i3bnh + 1x8Gb Crucial + Sandisk SATA MLC SSD 120Gb + External USB3.1 2.5" SATA HDD with the FLAC library.
It updated to latest version automatically without any glitch.
I’ve just spent the whole evening listening to ROCK and it works like a charm, even with DSP on, no overheating or fan noise.
I also ran the DAC straight from the NUC (chord silver cable + iFiPurifier2 + Metrum Musette) and even sounded better than from my Mac mini.
Now I can put my QNAP TS-251 8Gb NAS just to backup and Photography.
Gratefull to the team for making Roon even better!
Juan

2 Likes

After LOOONG wait, ROCK is finally installed. Except for couple of events (my own ignorance), its ROCKing now :slight_smile: !

My first NUC arrived a month ago, and had memory issues, then I struggled with it and had to sent back, New NUC arrived last Saturday but was busy with other work. Today after work, ROCK installed :slight_smile: !. I m very happy with the process, HDD directly connected to NUC and scanning was quick).

I fed LS50W from NUC USB = Appliance! Yes Appliance for sure!. Roon is very nimble and smooth.

Roon Team - Super :smile:! Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Just a quick question. Earlier Roon Core was on MacAir and sending audio files to LS50W over USB. However I had Exclusive mode enabled.

With ROCK on NUC, I dont see exclusive mode. Is this normal or exclusive mode should be seen with ROCK on NUC?

I think if your operating system doesn’t do anything else other than run Roon it is already exclusive.

1 Like

Linux collected audio is always exclusive mode with Roon.

1 Like