After the update yesterday evening to build 880 my Remotes (on Android and Windows) started to rebuild the audio devices list and the Chromecast devices kept appearing and disappearing.
Audio stopped in the middle of a track, on all devices via WiFi or UTP, both Cromecast Audio, HK Citation Amp, MiniDSP SHD, Roon remote on PC with USB Audio
In some cases the current audio device disappeared and reappeared on the remote display…
When it reappeared on the remote I was able to resume the track, but would intermittently stop again later in the same track.
It took me some time to figure out what was causing the issue, but it appeared to be the enabling of my Google Chromecast 4K with Google TV as an audio device. Which was enabled as an audio device already for a long time…
NB. I remembered having an issue with this device before; when I used the device to display Roon to see the lyrics and album art on my television. If I started to display Roon on it, especially the first try (sleep mode?), it would switch on the TV screen and Roon Core seemed to ‘restart’, pressing play would resume the track.
Apparantly build 880 is even more sensitive to this device.
If I can do any testing to help solving this issue, please let me know.
PS. After disabling the Google Chromecast 4K with Google TV as an audio device everything is working as normal. The Google Chromecast 4K with Google TV is an Android 10 device and has firmware 1.56.276477
Roon core in Windows build 880
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Build 19044 fully patched
Intel(R) Core™2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2667 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
Ubitique APs and switch
Several ChromeCast audio devices connected to external DACs
HK Citation amp (Chromecast device)
Roonremote on PC with USB Audio Amp
2 Squeezebox devices