Got My Cirrus7 Rock Server today

I ordered the Cirrus7 Nimbini fanless NUC-server and it arrived today. Runs Rock like a charm. The delivery was fast and the unit was very well packed and included two small bags on gummy bears. :smiley:

I ordered the media version with:
IntelĀ® NUC Comet Lake i7-10710U
1.60 ā€“ 4.70GHz HexaCore + Hyperthreading, Intel UHD 620
based on NUC10i7FNH

16GB of Memory and 120GB SSD for the Core.

It should actually stand with the Finns vertically, but I took the pictures while it was on its side before I read the manual that stated that the passive cooling works best if the fins are vertically.

ā€œThe massive passive cooling including 5 copper cores also provides better cooling than the air-cooled Intel NUC version.ā€ Here is cool (pun intended) article on the cooling:

6 Likes

Sweet. And, I donā€™t mean the Gummy Bears.

1 Like

Tried to order one of those from the US a while ago, but I could not find a way to deal with payment and customs. Ended up with a non-NUC Zbox CI662 nano.

I have noticed the inclusion of Gummi Bears and other similar sweets from European sellers for some reason.

1 Like

Very nice. Went through the order build process to see what choices were available. I saw that Rock was an option. Can you order it ready to go with Roon, just add subscription and music? To bad it doesnā€™t ship to the US.

I really like my Cirrus7 and Iā€™ve had it for almost a year now. Not rebooted once (maybe automatically with some ROCK update, but never due to other reasons). Very solid build, cool and stable.

That thing is really coolā€¦literally.

2 Likes

Shame they donā€™t sell just the case. Iā€™d love one for my NUC10i3.

1 Like

There is no standard for the backplane of a motherboard. They machine out the ports for the motherboards they ship.

The closest the industry got to a standard on this was the I/O Sheild. Ugh.

@Mike_LC Yes, you can. It took about 10 minutes and I had migrated my core database from a backup and music was playing. :slight_smile:

So they ship with ROCK installed?

Yes, they do. Just email them. I had a quote for case only, but decided not to buy it because the shipping was quite hefty.

Use the cirrus on few weeks now and i am verry happy.
But need to power off every day ?

Why would you need to power it off?

Like the computer,i shut down every day

Blockquote Like the computer,i shut down every day

Ok, I understand. NUC is quite low power appliance (no monitor etc), so it is eating quite a little energy even if it is on all the time. That is why I got the NUC based Cirrus7. I did not want to keep my fully specked iMac on all the time. I also shut down my computers everyday, but I consider the Roon Core to be an low power appliance and just leave it on all the time.

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS - YOU CAN USE THE POWER BUTTONā€¦ Make sure you shut it down via the web page, not just the power button. If you just power it down, you might mess up the Roon database.

Think i have the same,

IntelĀ® NUC Comet Lake i7-10710U 1.60 ā€“ 4.70GHz HexaCore + Hyperthreading, Intel UHD 620based on NUC10i7FNH

1 Like

The cirrus compagnie told me i can shut down with the button,
I will leave it on now
Thanks for the information

Blockquote The cirrus compagnie told me i can shut down with the button,
I will leave it on now
Thanks for the information

Hey, I was wrong, you can use the power button. :slight_smile:

Thanks Kristian