Graphic interface not working properly on Mac OS X

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC OS X EL CAPITAN VERSION 10.11.6/IMAC 20 INCH EARLY 2008 2.4GHZ INTEL CORE DUO 4GB 667 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM ATI RADEON HD2400 XT 128MB/CORE IMAC ROON V 1.6(BUILD 475) STABLE (64BIT); REMOTE TABLET SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB A ROON VERSION 1.6 (BUILD 433) STABLE (32 BIT).
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
CORE/INTERNET ROUTER PING COMMUNICATIONS MODEL V7610-I1SMS200 VIA ETHERNET CAT6/SOTM SMS-200 VIA ETHERNET CAT 6/DAC VIA USB CHORD MOJO

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SOTM SMS-200/CHORD MOJO DAC VIA USB/RAVEN AUDIO NIGHTHAWK TUBE AMPLIFIER FED BY MOJO VIA RCA AUDIOQUEST CABLE/JBL 4311B STUDIO MONITOR.

Description Of Issue

THE GRAPHIC INTERFACE ON THE CORE IS NEVER COMPLETE, IS PARTIALLY VISIBLE ONLY A FEW GRAPHICS ARE VISIBLE. MENUS, AND OTHER STUFF THAT SHOULD BE THERE IS NOT SHOWED COMPLETELY. THIS IS A CONSTANT BEHAVIOR, BUT HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LIVE WITH IT. THE THING IT JUST BECAME A DIFFERENT ISSUE LATELY.
THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN GLITCHY MORE FREQUENTLY, I´M ABLE TO SEE THE FULL MENUS AT MY REMOTE TABLET, BUT WHEN TRIED TO PLAY SOMETHING THROUGH TIDAL, AFTER A FEW MINUTES THE CORE APP WILL SHUT DOWN SUDDENLY, LEAVING THE REMOTE W/O CONNECTION. THAT HAPPENED A FEW TIMES, THEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO PLAY ANYTHING AT ALL, SOMETIMES I WILL GET A MESSAGE THAT TIDAL IS TAKING LONGER THAN NORMAL TO LOAD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, AND THEN THE CORE APP WILL SHUT DOWN AGAIN.
I TRIED RESTARTING THE COMPUTER TO NO AVAIL. THE GLITCHY BEHAVIOR CONTINUED. AND SUDDENLY SOMETIMES THE SYSTEM WORKS FINE THROUGH THE REMOTE TABLET, BUT THE CORE INTERFACE SHOWS PARTIALLY AS IT USUALLY DOES.
NEED HELP ASAP
NEED TO ENJOY THE ROON EXPERIENCE AS IT SHOULD WITH THE FULL FEATURES.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hi @Arturo_Saucedo,

Apologies for the trouble here!

Can you share a screenshot of the display issues you’re seeing on the Core machine?

I also notice that you Core machine doesn’t quite meet our requirements. Do you have another machine that meets the requirements outlined in that link that you could try using to run Roon?

“doesn’t quite meet”

IMHO, Actually it’s a long way off…unlikely to have an ssd and 4gb of memory won’t be giving you and ideal Roon experience.

My guess is the iMac could possibly be having thermal issues with clogged fans too.

@Arturo_Saucedo maybe check the activity monitor when roon is running and if it’s pushing the cpu use hard then this can cause more heat to be generated.

Old macs are great - I have many but most wont run roon well enough for a better roon experience- might be time to step up to something less than 12 years old :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.