Grateful Dead "In and Out of the Garden" Box Set - Skipping Files

Roon Core Machine

I am running Roon Version 2.0 (build 1128) on a QNAP NAS running Linux 5.10.60-qnap.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

I am running music through either a Moon 390D by SimAudio or a Naim Muso QB

Number of Tracks in Library

I have 78,296 tracks across 4,893 albums.

Description of Issue

I purchased the flac 192-24 digital copy of the Grateful Dead in and out of the Garden. I purchased this directly The first concert in the box set - Mar 09, 1981 is where I encountered the problem describe below. The concert was playing perfectly through Track 16 “Drums”. However, Roon then skipped over the next two files - Track 17 “Space” and Track 18 “The Other One” before proceeding to Track 19 - “Stella Blue”. I did some experimentation to try to figure out the issue as follows:

1. Determined that the files had data associated with them. The two files had 238.6 and 271.1MB respectively. I also verified that neither file was showing up in the corrupt tracks area of Roon.

2. I then tried to play both files using VLC and JRiver Media. Both worked fine.

3. I then tried removing the files from my NAS and Roon library and adding them back one at a time. What I found was that when I deleted Track 18 - “The Other One”, Roon played the other files - Track 16 - Track 19 including the previously skipped Track 17 - “Space” with no problem.

4. So I have now narrowed in on the fact that it is something to do with Track 18 “The Other One”. I tried changing the name of the file and recopying it into my Roon directory, but this did not work. This is where I am stuck. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the file since it plays on the other media players. I also communicated on the forum with another Roon subscriber who had the same problem. He solved it by down-sampling the two tracks to 44/16 and then it worked. I suppose I could do this with “The Other One” but that wouldn’t really get to the root cause so thought I would share the issue with you.

Appreciate the help and I really enjoy Roon.

Best regards,

John