Grimm MU2 with integrated Roon Core

While high-priced at ~$18K, the Grimm MU2 is still not as crazy expensive as other bespoke DAC/streamers/preamps. Plus, the Grimm MU2 will have an integrated Roon Core. Just add a power amp and your favorite passive speakers. I’ll be intrigued when it makes its production debut later in the year. I guess this is one instance where @danny won’t suggest that the Roon Core reside outside your listening room! :wink:

I heard the MU1 with a Dave and the thing was spectacular.

I had planned to trade in my Bartok (potentially) for the Dave and have this fed by the Grimm.

I held back because of the cost but also because I wanted to try the Grimm feeding the Bartok and also the Tambaqui which I also demo’d at the time.

Mostly down to their reclocking music was just so detailed with amazing depth but oh so natural sounding. I took a playlist of crappy 80s recordings as well as superb modern recordings and absolutely nothing was harsh or digital sounding. Quite an amazing piece of gear.

I am interested in the MU2 now as well to see whether it can replace the DAC all in one unit!

I am feeding my DAC into the Feliks Envy - using headphones (Susvara & Meze Elite) rather than speakers.

2 Likes

Any report from some lucky soul w/ the MU2.

I would like to know too