Group Zone not in sync + connectivity problem

Roon Core Machine

Debian 12, Intel(R) Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 8 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

# Zyxel XGS-PON Fibre Router AX7501
connected via Ethernet. The cable goes from router to wall to core. There are RJ45 connectors on the wall.
The router is my ISP router which use the hardware given above with custom firmware.

DHCP with dynamic IP range.
DNS on the core 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Ready devices
Lyngdord TDAI-1120, ethernet connected to router
NAD CI580, ethernet connected to router

Number of Tracks in Library

None > Qobuz

Description of Issue

I have been struggling with this issue since few months, more or less since Roon introduce Muse but I cannot guarantee. Could it be the source of the problem ?
Whenever I group the zone from my Lyngdord and NAD or even only zone on the NAD, the songs start out of sync. After about 30 sec, it gets in sync. but when a new songs starts; it is again out of sync…
I also face connectivity issue whenever I group zone:
“Qobuz media is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem”.
“Roon lost control of the Audio device”

Drops of songs…

I used to have Roon on another core running Debian 11 with 32 GB Ram and i3. I had several thousands songs on internal hard drive.
My setup was connected thought EdgeSwitch and I had another router OpenWRT which was connected to the Zyxel modem with DMZ.
Since I was not able to solve my issue, I am now testing with the specs given above but I still have the issue.

My symptoms are very similar to this

Roon suddenly cannot maintain playback over grouped zones

So could it be hardware issue from the Roon Ready device or wrong cabling, connectors… I cannot get that answer since everything works fine if I do not group the zones…

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Adrien

Quick update on my request.
I connected the Roon Ready devices directly to the ISP router (no connectors in between) and was still facing the issue.

I finally tried enabling the devices via AirPlay and not Roon Ready.
Surprisingly, it works: in sync, no network issue…

So I believe, the problem lies with RAAT.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @Adrien_Hombeck,

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a staff response. We’ve reviewed available diagnostics from the device and it appears that you’re encountering a known issue with BluOS grouped playback affecting the NAD CI580 in your setup in particular.

BlueSound is working to resolve the issue and we’re equipping them with all diagnostic and technical field data available to augment the investigation. With your permission, we’d like to request deeper diagnostics from your RoonServer to equip our teams.

Please see the main tracking thread here: NAD/Bluesound Grouped Zones out of sync, stopping playing, and/or skipping tracks [Investigating].
We’ll post updates on the main thread.

Hi
Thanks for your feedback,
I will be happy to help.
What do you need?
Shall I answer on the other threat?
Thanks
Adrien

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.