Hardware Advice

Now here’s a bit I haven’t gotten my head around. Does that dsd dop bit mean playing DSD files natively? I haven’t got any DSD files so haven’t read up on that yet.

No, DoP means DSD over PCM. It’s just a wrapper for a delivery method, as I understand it. Not native, but supposedly DoP doesn’t result in a ‘lesser’ SQ.

There are others here that can go into much more technical detail.

1 Like

Ah OK. THANKS. Going back to the original post I wondered if the stuttering was due to the conversion when, as I understand it, Chord DACs do their own thing internally so the conversion load on the core may be redundant.

Sorry guys, just a quick though after my Saturday of questions.

On Saturday evening, everything played away sweetly till the wee small hours not a stutter to be heard!

I was playing back a mixture of music from my hdd and tidal for the record. I think ive pretty much decided to go down the route of a new pc i7 likley, solid state hard drive and oomph up the memory, still with windows 10.

Having discussed it with my other half she reckons its the way to go as our 3yr granddaughter likes dancing to you tube vids when she comes to stay.

Id say she has me on a technical knock out then.

At least roon will live on the ssd which should speed things up and more memory wont do any harm either. I could be doing with some of that myself at my age:joy:

BTW for what its worth im using and have been for some time prior to roon a Valve amp with flac files for playback, they seem to like each other a lot!

Thanks again for putting up with the barrage of questions, as my wife always says “Its all about me” she right it is.

Regards

Rob

Good luck with the new build - and the granddaughter is more than reason enough to stick with Windows 10 for YouTube playback. When you say “a new PC” is that a traditional tower/desktop model, or are you thinking of going down the NUC route? When I replaced an aging desktop PC for my other half, I chose a NUC. It’s amazing the power that’s packed into that small form factor…

Geoff, its a small box standard PC not a NUC.

1 Like