Has anyone tried a „hifi“ fuse with a Lumin?

Do you have a link? I did try Google but couldn’t find anything.

The problem was that I’m not native English, and most likely I did not use the right (google friendly) wording. Google just for cable burn in / cable grain structure / cable drawing / equipment burn in. But this topic is quite controversial.

1 Like

This topic is as controversial as the flatness of the earth.
Burn-in is a relict of the time tubes where used in electronics. Unfortunatly such things where often kept alive by audiophool snake oilers.

2 Likes

Why don’t all manufacturers do this then? Comes down to cost. Some manufacturers do add hi end fuses (and parts) in their upgraded models and advertise that as a selling point.

Hello,
What is the fuse rating in T2?
Which fuse did you used?
Results?

2A fast blow 5x20mm

I think that’s the point:
You have to get the “big” things in order first. (Power Condition, Power Cable)
Then - maybe - the small improvements will show up.

btw1: Wyred4Sound delivers its DAC2SE with an audio fuse. I wonder why?

btw2: I also have an auxiliary fuse in my DAC - I hear a difference.
Rudiger

Congratulations on joining the Lumin community! You should not be anxious mate. The T2 is an outstanding piece of hi-fi kit. Oh, and don’t pay any attention to the fuse BS that is going on here. Lumin puts a fuse in before they send it to you, and you will have great audio!

But really you should have got the black one :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So, you enter a thread about fuses, call it‘s ongoing discussion a BS.

And then the only thing you have to add is that black is the right color.

Impressive.

1 Like

I agree, the T2 sounds great and does come with fuse. Congrats on your purchase.

Black one here too so…

The discussion here might sound like you need another fuse to enjoy the T2, which indeed is BS!

Keep smiling everyone:-)

3 Likes

Which was exactly my point. Do try to keep up.

1 Like

We do not endorse third party accessories.

This is my personal subjective non-scientific non-blind-test experience. Recently I’ve read a positive report from a user, so it got me interested to try some fuses, at a low cost (by audiophile standard) that I’d not regret wasted even if I expect them to yield no difference. I changed the fuses in Lumin and the amp at the same. I think I heard a tiny little bit better definition for weak notes and bass. I fully acknowledge this is also likely my imagination, so don’t attack me. I cannot tell you which brand.

I do not recommend the use of third party accessories. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Poor experimental design Peter! As a biomedical scientist I drum into my students that they should never change more than one variable at a time :nerd_face:

I saw something like that in a PS audio forum where people were talking about the directionality of the orange fuses. Apparently they are made to be directional. So if you get one and it sounds bad, just turn it around and it will sound better

SMFH :man_facepalming:
My toaster is completely directional - it has a power cable and one end of it plugs into the socket in the wall. OK, I know it’s an audiophile toaster, but I’m not really embarrassed about that because the toast has really low nose floor. Especially with bagels :man_shrugging:

Many fuses are in DC paths and others are in AC paths, I can maybe deal with directional comments on DC inline fuses but AC well that is a tough one to fathom.

Disclaimer again: This is not scientific, not precise, and not meant to prove anything.

I measured the fuse for the amp.
Original ~= 2 ohm
Audiophile fuse ~= 0.2 ohm (at 200 times the cost)

Are any of these HiFi fuses coming with certified rating tests - ie is it going to blow at or just over the rated current. I wonder if just bypassing the fuse is any different in result in that case?

An amp designer said he thinks having no fuse is the best for SQ.

1 Like