Has been "adding music to library" for days

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC 7> Hard wired to QNAP NAS
**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Orchard audio DAC >Bang & Olufsen A9 via ethernet cable

**Description issue:
rotating icon in upper left has been going for days
has been adding music to library for days now (40 songs)

appears to be stuck
see picture of message display
system playing music and working fine

I have the same issue. I have a Roon Nucleus and a Quobuz subscription. The ‘Add to Library’ function for Quobuz albums has stopped working recently. All I get is a message informing me that it is taking longer than usual and that Roon will keep trying in the background. But nothing happens. Very frustrating!

Thanks
I just rebooted my NUC and it is not doing that anymore

1 Like

Thanks, @thomas_clark1, that solved my issue.

I was going to log a ticket here as I was experiencing the the same or similar issue. Then I saw the previous post about restarting the NUC. I did that and it solved the problem. Here are the details of my issue below in case it’s helpful to anyone.

Since June 15 or 16-- around the same time I did the latest Roon update–I have attempted to add albums to my library, but they never show up there. These have been albums both from Qobuz and Tidal. I checked each of those apps to see if the albums were being saved from each streaming service, but they aren’t there either. Oddly, one of the handful of albums I attempted did successfully save (TLC’s Crazy Sexy Cool from Qobuz). I tried logging out of Tidal and Qobuz and then logging back in. This didn’t resolve the issue. I have never experienced this problem in my years of using Roon.

I’m running Roon ROCK on an Intel NUC I3BNH. Same hardware I’ve successfully used for a few years.

I followed Thomas’ advice and rebooted my Nucleus. It updated itself and the problem cleared. Thanks for the advice.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.