Having Issues with Roon Linode IP?

My Nucleus+ continues to exhibit similar symptoms i.e. long delay in track play commencing etc. I ran a security check and my network identifies a ‘Linode’ ip address as a problematic connection. Could this be a contributor to the problem?

Martin,

Support wants each request to be an individual thread for clarity. Adding your issue to someone else’s support thread will potentially end up with your comment lost. Please fill out the following support request information.

Thanks!

===========================================================================

Hi there,

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Server Machine: Nucleus + with 4 Tb Samsung 870 ssd installed

Networking Gear & Setup Details: All ethernet connected to Unifi network, inc. UDM Pro as gateway.

Connected Audio Devices: ethernet connected AirLens to Benchmark DAC and Amps. Wireless to iOS devices

Number of Tracks in Library: 58000

Erratic behaviour of Nucleus for the past few weeks - have posted previously about re-installing iOS apps and on Mac mini also. Still having problems with accessing ARC when off site. Principal issue is ‘laggy’ performance for playback on all endpoints including wired. Example: When loading ‘My Albums’ page - takes 20 seconds or more. When selecting tracks for playback wait time is rarely more than 5 seconds but sometimes will not load at all - doesn’t seem to be any difference between Qobuz and internal Nucleus storage requests.
I can use the same equipment for JRiver without any lag which made me start to wonder about network settings.

Hey @Martin_Dooney,

Sorry to hear you’re having performance issues!

If possible, can you please update your Nucleus and remote devices to the latest build and let me know if you still experience similar performance issues? Please share a specific date and time and track playing if so.

We’ll be on standby for your reply, thanks! :pray:

All updates installed and things seem to be working normally.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.