Headless Mac Mini Core Inaccessible if Roon stopped but Roon Server Running

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini, OS Monterey 12.4, M1 CPU, 16 GB RAM (Core Machine), 256 GB SSD, RoonServer 1.8 (build 970), Connected to ethernet hub.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Combined wifi and wired network, Linksys two-node Velop mesh network for wifi, Velop configured as router connected to cable modem and to an 8-port ethernet hub.
Mac Mini core connected to ethernet hub (no wifi used).

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSX speakers, Yamaha receiver, ipods, iPhones and iPads.

Number of Tracks in Library

900 tracks

Description of Issue

I setup a new mac mini as a headless dedicated core by installing Roon Server, but when accessing it from a remote Mac running Roon the core was always in a state of initializing. To try something different, I installed Roon on the mac mini and then the remote Mac could access the mac mini core (as could Roon on the mac mini). If I stop running Roon on the mac mini, then the remote Mac sees the core initializing, which never stops. I’m confused as I thought only Roon Server was required on a standalone core.

Any explanation as to why Roon is necessary or suggestions to resolve how I can avoid running the full Roon software on the mac mini would be appreciated.

There seems to be a problem with some macs running B970 Roon Server…

@support

A post was merged into an existing topic: Stuck Initializing Connecting to New Mac Mini Core - Resolved