Headless roon software

separate build, “RoonServer” instead of “Roon”

1 Like

so is 10 days enough time to enquire as to how the internal testing is coming along?

we are actually mostly done, just doing final packaging stuff and getting ready to roll out a huge build with tons of good stuff

11 Likes

Great news - we’ve had three continuous days of sun in the UK this week so summer is probably over, which works well with your announcement!

we must be nice and close now!

Not according to this post.

Thats a little different than the post in here from 9 days ago where it was stated its almost done and just getting packaged for the new build.

@nathanb, no it isn’t.

Headless software is done, and did get packaged for a new build, exactly as I stated: “getting ready to roll out a huge build with tons of good stuff”

The build with “tons of good stuff” is v1.1. It takes time to roll out, but the hard work of supporting the feature is done. Now it’s just polish to get it out the door.

Will we be able to use Roon as a DLNA server ?

Simon I am not with Roon, but from all I have read and know to date, I don’t believe that is in the current roadmap. What would be your goal to have Roon as a DLNA server? What would your setup look like? Is your music stored on a NAS or on disks local to your computer?

Where is the connection to your output device (DAC)?

I plan to use a headless PC running Win10, using Roonserver, connected to a USB DAC in my music rack. I am hoping to use the network music location share for the music, but am also putting it on a local drive.

I will set up the Roonserver from my desktop PC, which runs Roon.

I will have to use the iPad app to control this server as I understand it. It seems like it would be easy to make a PC/MAC program that would do this remote control function. Specially since Roon seems to be written to not use the windows Remote Desktop program.

I plan to stick with windows Remote Desktop, and use Audiophile Optimizer when it comes out for Win10.

I have the most upto date Roon install. 64 bit .

How do I change to Roon headless, this is on Windows 10.

Having issues when I RDP to the machine wanting to change configuration settings on the core, get the Open GL error.

Hi Alice,

This FAQ topic should get you fixed. Make sure to take a copy of your database before you start. Open a thread in Support if you strike any issues.

Thanks, the instructions seem very simple, would you know what this actually does to the install.

Correct me if I’am wrong, but the instructions tell me this is alowing a fresh install.

Hi Alice,

It’s a fresh install of RoonServer, but because it uses your prior database in the renamed RoonServer folder it retains your library, edits and playlists.

Make sure to backup the database before you start. Provided you do that then you can always get back to where you started.