Headphones thread (show us yer cans)! [2018-09]

Thanks @Dusty!

Thanks for the link, but it’s actually white, right?

1 Like

Chord TT2 and Chord Mscaler with Oppo PM1 headphone (with silver artisan “silver dream 2” pure silver headphone cable). Imac roon late 2013 512gb ssd optical to mscaler.

5 Likes

Yes. The stand is called FS White.

My addiction continues unabated:

My latest fix - the Massdrop x Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO Headphones

Wonderful headphones - easy to drive (yes they sound great using my iPhone to drive them).
They come with two different ear pads - velour and sheepskin. The sheepskin pads work better for me.

Full bedroom set up - headphones, Pro-Ject Stream Box s2 Ultra, Pro-Ject Box S2 Digital:

4 Likes

Added 25000ma usb battery pack to my pi3 and Dragonfly Red bedroom rig. Made a massive improvement in sq, quite amazed great upgrade for £29 and it lasts days.

Anyone using the new Dali IO-6 headphones?

1 Like

There is some pretty stiff competition in the wireless noise cancelling headphone area. I love to hear how the Dali’s stack up against the Bose and Sony headphones.

I have a pair of Mr Speakers ETHER C Flow’s for serious listening, but I’m considering replacing my Samsung Level Over’s by the Dali IO-6’es for listening to Youtube and TVs on my laptop.
And for replacing my UltimateEars IEM’s that I use for travelling.

Go for it! And then let us know how you like them :grin:

2 Likes

Been listening for a few hours now and I’m reminded just what a great pairing the Phonitor 2 and HD800 are.

1 Like

I just added a Headamp GSX-mini. HD800/HD800s pairings are sweet. Balanced cables?

Only DAC to Phonitor. SE to HD800.

This is probably a good thread to check out. I remember researching the Phonitor and had concerns with SE application. May not apply to yours, but this forum thread had some interesting cautions. Best…

@evand

Thanks. Doesn’t apply to the Phonitor 2, seems it’s a thing with the Phonitor X, which I think is a DAC also.

1 Like

I just did. Delivery on Tuesday.
Just checked when I bought the Samsung Level Over’s. Just over 5 years ago.
That soothes my conscience. :slightly_smiling_face:

So wait does that mean 5 years between audio equipment upgrades is a reasonable amount of time? Because if that’s the case then I have a lot of upgrading to do. :rofl:

1 Like

These look terrific, Greg. Let me know if you ever want to sell them - I’ll definitely be interested!

Just ordered Meze Rai Solo to try out with my new Hiby R5 will be interesting to see how they fare compared to my current Shure SE425. I have the Meze 99 Classics which I love and they sound great on the DAP do have high hopes. Got them for just shy of £180 , seems lockdown is generating lots of discounts. One benefit of this horrible situation.

3 Likes

i spy zwei Pi. why?