Hegel H390 - volume changes at its own while using Airplay

Hi @noris,

I startet my Roon Core at 19:05 (Germany) on 10th of July, the Hegel was turned on at 19:06 with source set to Network and its standard launch volume at 20. The Roon app was started at 19:07, which didn’t change the volume on the Hegel display, even though the Hegel zone volume in Roon was at 33.

At 19:08 I started playing the track “Hustlin” by John Craigie on Tidal (Album “Asterisk the Universe”).
The volume on the Hegel display immediatly changed to 33. Then I started to increase the volume with the RC8 one by one:

• Increasing to 34 with the RC8 resulted in 34 on the Roon zone as well.
  • Increasing to 35 with the RC8 immediatly caused the Hegel to jump from 35 to 37. On the Roon zone 35 was shown.
  • Increasing to 38 with RC8 resulted in 38 on the Roon zone as well.
  • Increasing to 39 with the RC8 immediatly caused the Hegel to jump from 39 to 40. On the Roon zone 39 was shown.
  • I continued this procedure to 44 and another desynchronisation occured at 42.

Next I tried to decrease the volume of the Roon zone with the Roon app starting at 44 on both the Hegel and the app using the “minus”-button as well as the slider:

• It didn’t matter how far I turned the volume down, the volume on the Hegel always jumped back to 44.
  • I had to change the volume on the Hegel with the RC8 to 40 first and then I could use the slider in the app to change the volume down to 14. However, the Hegel display showed 17.

On 19:18, I reseted the volume limits for the Hegel zone:

• I could reproduce the exact same behavior.

At that moment the track “Son of a man” was already playing from the same album because the tests took too long… :laughing:

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Sebastian

1 Like