Hegel Roon Ready status statement

Here’s a couple to get the party started…

Where in that are they passing blame to Roon?

6 Likes

suggest to reread.

Message 1Development is finished, only certification remaining.
No one blaming Roon or anyone else here.

Message 2I am sorry, but we are not controlling the timeline here, so it’s not possible for us to promise a date for a Roon release. This is extremely frustrating for us also.”
This message contains an apology, a recognition that there are external factors and empathy. Where doo you see blame being passed?

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Hegel H190 with Roon Ready firmware appears twice as Airplay device

Sad to read some frustration here.

I think this is a joyful time experimenting with new Roon capabilities with your Hegels. Have fun with that.

@Anders_Ertzeid, myguess is that the ‘optimised clock’ was there all along.

I had a H120 which sounded really good. Sold it for a H590, which had a fantastic amp section. After upgrading to an external dac i switched it for a H30.
So i won’t be joining you with the new Roon add-on.

Again: enjoy your renewed amps!

2 Likes

We prefer a confirmed timeline rather than a lacked 0.1% done excuse. Not your first time already Anders for this lame excuse.

2 Likes

I would assume one of the reasons why the H390 and H590 have not been “finished” yet is because of the “bit-perfect” DAC architecture that is not shared with the H120 and the H190.

I’m not quite sure how a company involved in software programming can give an exact timeline?

My wife knows I finish work at 5.30pm every evening but I dont guarantee her I will be home at 6.15pm on the dot every night - how could I? Those whinging seem so incredibly childish, like as if there isnt more worrying things happening in the world right now. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

He didn’t say lacked 0.1% done = 99.9% done.

He said that 0.1% lacking means they had to write a lot of things from ground up, so I read that as almost starting from scratch and therefore 99% not done. And if so much is not done yet, how can there be an exact timeline?

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hegel H390 Sound Quality

Time for this thread to ride into the sunset…

1 Like

Wait a bit, the H390 and H590 are not RR yet….

1 Like

I had the same problem with my 190. I had to restore to factory defaults to get the volume to resume working normally. This did not impact the 190’s Roon ready status.

I am seeing it re-sample 192 down to 176 which I don’t understand.

I have been feeding my 190 with a Matrix Mini-I Pro and may just stick with that as it gives me all the resolutions including pure DSD that the Hegel can’t do. But will listen both ways and decide based on that.

There is a discussion on Hegel re-sampling here …

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the link. Very helpful. :grinning:

Guess I will listen and decide what I prefer. If the Hegel can do the job on its own I might repurpose the Matrix or sell it.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hegel - New firmware and how it’s upsampling

I love that you can turn the hegel on with roon now. Does anyone know if you can turn it off via laptop instead of the remote (in Eco mode)?

I don’t turn it off, I just stop playing the music and it will go to sleep by itself after 15 min.

Thank you.

@Anders_Ertzeid… First of all congratulations on shipping the Roon Ready Firmware update!

I’m eagerly waiting for the H590 update, Any idea on ETA?

2 Likes