Hegel Roon Ready status statement

I hate audio companies that don’t live up to their promises. Hegel , your customers deserve better.

2 Likes

This is a sad story. Discovered this thread just now and realize that there is still no feedback loop working in Hegel. I left the brand, had a HD12, heavily modified with far better SQ. Even shared them pro bono. Nothing that would ruin the product budget. My last penny, keep your larger Hegel (if there is an home theater pass through provided on balanced inputs) or buy a power amp, start using separates as a DAC/headphone-/pre-amp. Cheapest there is today. You get an amazing DAC for under 1.000:- EURO, under 2.000 you’re simply blown away. China brands like Topping is really good, my own RME ADI-2 DAC fs is made in Germany by a company primarlily acting in studio biz also under the name RME. If I even would consider an integrate, it would be concepts like MacIntosh starting with MA-9000, or LINN, among others, offering upgradeable digital sections. These 2 channel all inclusive high-end hifi wannabes, have a resale value of a home cinema amp, I’m afraid. When the much cheaper DAC is absolete, scrap, give it to any of your children, sell for what ever it is worth and buy a new.

1 Like

Yea I mean Hegel is really just another highly glorified ChiFi company that lies about the origin of their parts and obviously cuts corners. I imagine all the support from dealers comes far more from the fact that they likely have succulent profit margins on MSRP (because of the cheep parts and manufacturing they use) not actual sound quality. Like honestly… how can you screw up the digital section of a modern amp this bad? and then how can you just sit there not doing anything about it other than hoping the problems “magically disappear”?

Hegel, you’ve lost it.

2 Likes

Is this bigger than just upsetting half a dozen Roon users? Will Hegel be filing for (equiv. of) chapter 11 soon?

1. Yes
  2. I dunno. Ask Hegel.

I would like to think that any company engaging in such behaviour for an extended period of time can’t last long but maybe they can somehow. Hype can be a powerful force for a consumer in spite of all.

For those that aren’t members of the Hegel Facebook page. This was part of a discussion yesterday…

1 Like

Yea I know they keep saying they have it running but it’s also not their fault that it’s not released. I don’t believe it. Not even sure if those screen grabs are real. It’s pushing on four years. :clown_face:

Let’s keep it civil please👍

5 Likes

Here’s a measurement review of one of Hegel’s amps from Audio Science. Really terrible performance: Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier) | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

1 Like

As someone in another forum remarked… “The subjective Hegel fanboys are currently forming a support group.”

In fact we might get personally attacked by some of them for talking about the facts as presented here. We have to hold these companies to account and speak out against all the bs in the audiophile industry. This is the only way Hegel will change and the industry will change.

This story is a demonstration of the nonsense of some high end hifi equipment and marketing power. Put the same electronics in a low end design box, I’m not sure the sound would be as good, and you would judge it for what it is.

Hello Mike
I can’t find this discussion on the Hegel Facebook page. Can you send me a link or the topic title?

Jan

1 Like

Thank you!

Well, they drag their feet with Roon deployment because there are many Hegel fanboys that endorse it anyway.

Found myself on this thread and ended up reading all the way through.
I feel incredibly lucky to have passed on buying Hegel 2-3 years back.

Auditioned one and it didn’t sound as good as the amp I was looking to replace (Rega Elicit R).
Reality didn’t live up to the hype. Good but not great.

I was still considering it though because of the one box solution with Roon.
Dodged a bullet there.

Was shocked to hear them admit in this thread that they use cheap streaming boards.

So much wrong … but I guess if they try to hide the origin of manufacture its a red flag on trustworthiness.

I hope they get Roon implemented for the sake of all the owners in this thread. Good luck guys.

5 Likes

That is a way of putting it, but are there hegel “fanboys”?!
I do think that people buying a hegel product are not fanboys that upgrade their equipment with every new generation.
You probably could say that hegel drags their feet because Roon users are an insignificant part of their customer base.

Misery loves company.

Although Bluesound’s long awaited USB audio implementation is here, it appears to be too buggy for many.

Let’s face it, very few companies can master the new world of computer based audio.

Don’t see why the usb on the older node2/2i can be enabled aswell

Regardless of whether Roon users are a significant part or not, they MUST deliver what they have promised to the consumer. Else what’s the point of revealing it to consumers then?

1 Like