Hegel Roon Ready status statement

Yet it is how these companies implement digital audio that will either make or break them in this new world. It’s all about chips and software

See a little update from a dealer below… although I have no idea if this is just more BS or not. Looks like the earliest release might be toward the end of the year. But honestly don’t hold your breath. Hegel will likely use Omicron as another excuse for further delay.

Hegel anticipates that Roon will certify Hegel before the time of the Munich show [in May 2022] although with Omicron racing through our lives, it may be later. Hegel will then release upgrade for H120 and H190 first. The firmware will be available for H390 and H590 later after feedback is received about the H120 and H190 field use.

Got rid of my Hegel. What annoys me more than the company itself (which is incompetent beyond belief) is its subset of cult like users whose cognitive dissonance about their failed purchase has made them suspend rational thinking all-together. My prediction is that Hegel will last another two years in this market before it completely crashes and burns and is forgotten for good.

3 Likes

That is quite a statement, generalization and insult to some.
Lucky you that sold yours, so that you do not fit the category anymore.

2 Likes

how is that generalization? did I say all users are like that? you are denying that there is a subset of users like that?

3 Likes

I’m with you man. Congratulations

Honestly, Hegel deletes negative comments and questions on their own forums like in the FB group. They don’t want people asking basic questions and holding them to account. It’s leading to a crazy echo chamber but lots of customers like this. It helps them justify the purchase and keeps them from thinking critically about things.

1 Like

If that update is accurate, Hegel are an absolute joke.

If that update is inaccurate, Hegel are still an absolute joke.

3 Likes

lol I know right. Honestly I don’t know if it’s accurate because the same dealer told me in summer 2021 that Roon Ready would be delivered by end of 2021. It seems like Hegel and all their dealers might be kinda lying or Hegel might just be lying to their dealers. Who knows. They certainly aren’t really trying to fix anything.

I was going to buy a hegel and read some good reviews but then I seen the measurements on audioscience.com,full of noise,no thanks

3 Likes

Might want to check the link mate.

This one? Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier) | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

To be honest I think Hegel are having a massive learning experience about taking design shortcuts to their digital section and I truly believe their next generation of integrated amps will be much better. I actually quite enjoyed the sound of the 390 but the dac and streaming were a truly weak point and now we know why.

Yes that’s it bud

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hegel country of origin

Let’s keep this topic focused on Hegel’s Roon Ready status.

If you wish to discuss the Hegel sound quality please use the linked topic below …

18 posts were split to a new topic: Hegel H390 Sound Quality

While not being strong in the praying department, i expect hegel to clean up this mess.
Not that i am confident that it will happen some time soon.
We need to hear from them that they have a solution for us, Roon user with a hegel device.

Now is the time , but i suspect it is never…

@Anders_Ertzeid

1 Like

Daniel, I appreciate your stance, but I’m just concerned you won’t be able to enjoy a good thing as it is, if unfinished and all.

Thanks for the perspective.

I do appreciate the concern but unfortunately the way Hegel is conducting itself as seen through the Roon Ready scandal is definitely effecting my experience. And seemingly the experience of many others. It’s sad but true and is within the power of Hegel to fix.

Last reply almost a week ago and a new month.
Let’s do something about that… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like