Hegel Roon Ready status statement

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hegel H390 Sound Quality

Hi @Anders_Ertzeid ,

It’s been a couple of months since I looked at this thread. Back then Roon readyness was just around the corner, but it’s now taking Hegel again months and months to round this corner.

So let me ask for the zillionth time, any new news about ROON readyness for us customers? Or how much longer will we be faced with this sham?

A response with some useful information would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I second that. Sometimes I wonder what’s worse: Hegel not delivering on its promise, or Hegel not communicating about it. For two and a half years now, I have been the owner of an H390 costing 6000 euros that does not do what was advertised.
What kind of compensation are you offering your customers , @Anders_Ertzeid? I have asked this before, but you never gave an answer to this question.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. To be fair, the Hegel I have is in the set in our living room, so not in my main set. But that is one of the reasons I chose the Hegel. Good sound, but also all in 1. My wife wants as few components as possible in our living room and as a reward I can continue to enjoy myself in my man cave with the real toys.

As you will understand, we don’t find it very funny that we now have to dangle a separate Raspberry Pi behind the Hegel because Hegel does not keep their promises.

For a while I’ve been looking to replace my power amps in the main set. The H30s could be a candidate, but given my experiences with the amplifier in the living room, this is not an option for me now. That is not due to the quality of the sound, but to Hegel’s approach in this Roon ready issue.

I was proud to own a hegel h390, but now it is just the one that wil be gone after we finish remodeling our house.

To say it like this; «i do not care anymore».

Saying that, i feel that hegel (still no capital) needs to hold its promise.
hegel has proven to be a company that hold their customers for fools and that for me is a BIG no!

1 Like

On Instagram Hegel responded to me that they have finally solved the memory buffer issue they were struggling with, so it should be “just around the corner” or in Hegel’s timeline sometime around 2025

6 Likes

Lol……………………

FWIW

Spotify will have a HIFI tier before Hegel is Roon Ready. Scandinavian tech companies. Sigh!

2 Likes

That YouTuber’s ears and the rest of his hifi isn’t ready for an H590. Speculating that his problems with it must be Hegel’s DSP tweakery. Hah, give me break.

For some Hegel owners, this site :wink:

How long ago was that Instagram response Gaburko?

last week. See here, in the comments section:

This shows a piece of the Roon client and the word “Network” on a hegel.
It says nothing about the correlation between the two.
Since i refuse to use instagram or other so called socialmedia, i do not know how this was advertised there.

It’s in the comments section

I will be void of information on the issue then.
Well well, we will see in a few months (or years) from now.

Just a reminder…

Tomorrow tomorrow, it is always a day …
… or a week …
… or a month …
… a year … away!

Tomorrow a new month, any news for us @Anders_Ertzeid ?!

1 Like

They will never get Roon certified. It is almost 4 years since Hegel first mentioned it.

1 Like

Hegel is Roon Almost Ready.

1 Like