Help, please, my Ropieee does no longer recognize my audiophonics AES-EBU hat

Grrrr the audiophonics again.

Ok, what kinda Pi you have?

I have a 3B connected.

Ok. This is probably a driver issue, so I’m afraid I don’t have a ‘silver bullet’ to fix this.
It might be that AES works on a Pi4, because over there we user another driver.

Regards,

Hi Skywalker_sound

This may also be a faulty unit, we cannot simply rely on that the units are flawless.

I had some serios ussues with mine prior to getting it up and running. The great benefit is ability to separately feed the HAT from the SBC, right? Well I founf out that the unit power up is very sensitive an if one operate two separate psu’s there is a chance that the cards never getting powered up simultaneously. I recommend trying to have both psu’s connected to a mains block with a power switch and to configure the jumper setting on the HAT for galvanic power isolation. Power up using the mains block switch.

Now, so far, knock on wood, my unit works very well.

Hi @Computer_Audioholic
Do you know what sort of level (voltage) you are getting out of the AES port? I see that Audiophonics don’t specify this. The minimum is 0.2V as S/PDIF but it would be nice to know that it is significantly higher, particularly for reliable use with longer cable lengths.
Can you explain the power supply config you are using (with model of supplies if possible) and any modifications you did to the board or Pi?
Thanks