Help with RHEOS

Hi, I am using several Denon HEOS devices on my network. Seems like I need RHEOS if I need to stream in lossless to these HEOS endpoints.

I installed the appgineer extension manager using docker on a RPi. The app detected the extension manager, and I installed and enable RHEOS. I then enabled squeezebox players and a lot of new devices showed up on the app. I enabled them.

I can now play music to these devices, and I can see the status as playing in the Roon app. But there is no sound from the Denon devices. What should I check? They are mainly Denon DRA800H amplifiers. Thanks.

Your best asking itā€™s developer in the RHEOS thread in Tinkering @peter_richardson will help you sort out any issues.

2 Likes

Happy to try and help. Sounds like you are close.

First what are the volume controls showing on your set up? To prevent surprises I set to zero on first enabling a device and you may need to change.

Second what resolution for each player is set. This should be defaulting to CD but if you go to the extension settings and select players you can adjust for each player. For the Denon you should be able to use pass thru for anything up to 192/24 above that resolution HiRes will convert a flac file to 19224 the most your AVR can handle.

Have a look at what is shown on the HEOS app for the AVR. Is it switched on correctly? is the input showing as HEOS? Does the now playing show ā€˜streaming from LMSā€™ (unless you have selected to not send metadata in the extension UPnP settings).

Let me know how you get on. If this doesnā€™t work we can explore your other settings - but I am assuming you left them on the defaults.

When you say a lot of devices showed up - there should be one device which will be identified as the by the name you have given in the HEOS app with RHEOS and the model in the settings - audio - squeeze players section where you have set it up. If there are more players than you have we need to understand that!

Moderators - perhaps you would kindly move this to tinkering - with the main RHEOS thread.

Thanks for the quick replies and apologies for posting in the wrong section.

In addition to the DRA 800s, I have a PMA 150H on the network and I am able to successfully stream and hear audio when playing to that target.

I ahave attached screengrabs of the discovered devices, streaming to DRA 800 albeit with no sound and streaming successfully to the PMA150H, all 3.

Thanks.

This probably a result of my instructions for setting up zones not being as clear as they might be (and this still being something Iā€™m working on but donā€™t use ā€¦)

Could you show me all the audio endpoints under the squeezeplayers. You need to enable the main receiver and each zone (Main and Zone 2) as well as add custom source controls on each.

If you are just using the main zone and donā€™t need zone two you can turn off use AVR controls and this will just show the main receiver. This is identified as ā€œname of device in HEOSā€ +(RHEOS: model name), This needs to be enabled in the settings ā†’ audio ā†’ squeezeplayers section.

Iā€™m travelling at present but will keep an eye out for your screen grab of the audio endpoints available. Ill also see if I can point you to the more detailed instructions on this I added when it was released for beta testing a couple of months ago.

Do look at the HEOS app control of zones and see if you can turn them on and off from there and with RHEOS.

Did you manage to get this working?