Here was an error authorizing with TIDAL: UnexpectedError

I have this exact problem. I am getting:

There was an error authorizing with TIDAL: UnexpectedError. Please try again.

This issue started yesterday (5/17) and I haven’t been able to listen to Tidal in Roon since. Tidal works fine in its own stand-alone app on Mac, iPhone, AppleTV, and through Plex. RoonServer is the only place where authorization failed.

David Wang

Hi @David_Wang1,

Welcome to the forum. I’ve split your post into it’s own thread so that I can better assist you here.

This sounds like a different symptom than the previous thread, can you please confirm if you are able to properly login using this TIDAL account on the TIDAL web player (listen.tidal.com)?

Yes. I can login properly on Tidal web player as well. In any case, I restore Roon backup from two days again and the problem goes away. It does sound like the database got corrupted somehow.

1 Like

Hi @David_Wang1,

Thanks for letting me know that restoring the database from a backup resolved the issue on your end!
If you have further difficulties, please just let us know and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.