Hi-Fi Kit You Sold and Regretted!

Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor Speakers (driven by Musical Fidelity MA50’s) sold them and moved on to Meridian DSP5200’s.
The Sonus’ sound was something special and when DRIVEN the slam they presented was phenomenal. They also were the finest “furniture” I’ve owned.

1 Like

@PixelPopper Sonus Faber … works of art and as you say ‘finest furniture’.

Must admit I have settled on Wilson Benesch A.C.T speakers they too are like furniture (if not quite to the extend of the Sonus Faber’s) and IMHO a perfect match for CHORD amplifiers. A keeper combo!

1 Like

I have “settled” for Quad II+80 mono-blocks & ESL 2912 and loving every minute, tailor made for each other and still ‘’running in.” Covid has contributed lot of listening time, at least there’s one benefit, listening pleasure.

1 Like

My Airtight atm-1 with Musical Technology C1 Pre-amp.

If I’d kept these I’d be really wealthy now :roll_eyes:

Loving some people’s choices on this thread!

These are not quite ‘regrets’ neccessarily, as they were always sold/traded in for a reason (either to upgrade, or to free up funds), but ones I miss hearing and, given unlimited space/funds would have liked to keep…

• Meridian 818v3 - stunning, just stunning
  • Meridian DSP6000 - big, beautiful and bold, yet surprisingly controlled, while also delicate and moving
  • Meridian DSP7200.2 - Mary Poppins speaker - practically perfect in every way. The least coloured speaker system I’ve ever heard
  • Linn LP12/Project Carbon arm/Ortofon/Audio Note Kits L3 phono stage - not a fancy top of the line LP12 just an old, but well fettled one, the most musical/involving source I ever heard. The ANK phono stage fed this into the 818/DSP6000 at the time. Everyone deserves to hear this - vinyl through full-range DSPs with a valve stage in between. Best of both worlds? You betcha. Heavenly.

I’ve owned lots of other gear over the years, but none have stuck in my musical heart and soul like these have.

1 Like

Sansui AU-717, stolen not sold.

Regrettable just the same.

My 517 is still in use at my sister’s.

1 Like

NAD 3020 integrated amp (the original, not the new digital version), also stolen not sold.

Where in Az. do you live, if I might ask?

I used to live in Tempe, in an infamous house ( at the time), and I’m wondering if it still stands.

In Phoenix, Valley of the Sun.

Great, let me PM you.

1 Like

I do miss some of the stuff I’ve sold, but its purely out of nostalgia, not regret.

Should never have let my Onix OA21 (with the SOAP PSU) go
WMM_Objects_16_0709_315

My dads Bang and Olufsen Beocenter 4000 and Beogram 1900 turntable. I thought I had the turntable in the loft but I can’t find it!

1 Like

I totally get that regret!

That was a great CDP, so smooth and great bass.

Ah, just remembered my Meridian F80. Ferrari Red, looked a million dollars even if my kids did call it a toaster. I still haven’t found a speaker like it - I reckon it would stand tall alongside the best of today’s equivalents sonically. And I could plumb in an RPi to turn it into a networked speaker now. Damnnnn.

1 Like

I have one in a bin downstairs, and its DAT successor.

1 Like

I have two of these in a drawer in the basement.

also two Radios, two Touches, and one Transporter LE.

I’m down to one active squeezebox, a Transporter in my main system.