Hi, recent roon's need to buffer for a few seconds when switching from one local song to the next,

Roon Core Machine

<! – Include your operating system and machine information (model, RAM) – >
Lenovo Y9000P laptop CPU-i9, RAM 32G

Network equipment and setup details

<! – Your network device (model of router/switch), if using WiFi/ Ethernet, if using VPN – >
<! – Write below this line – >
Router NETGEAR R9000
Switch NETGEAR SX10
NAS QNAP 873A

Connect audio devices

<! Describe the devices you are using and their type of connection, such as USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc

The number of tracks in the library
<! Tell us how big is your music library? “30,000 Songs” – >
140,000 songs

Description of the problem

<! – Tell us about your problems in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always popular! →
Hi, recent Roon’s need to buffer for a few seconds when switching from one local song to the next, but this was not the case before, I wonder if it is because my roon core is installed on NAS, the performance is not satisfied and therefore the delay (note: For this reason, I bought a brand new Lenovo Y9000P laptop.

I installed the core on the i9 laptop, and then I imported the NAS core backup, but it still remains the same after use, often switching songs need buffered, and sometimes it is normal, which makes me quite upset. So I bought the independent i7 version of roon core, but the situation remained unchanged.

I would like to ask you to help me find out what went wrong.

I play the original Blu-ray disk of this NAS server at home without buffering, click play can play immediately, and switch to the next movie is so fast, but now I use roon play often appears buffering, click track list is also common, it takes about 10 seconds to load, switch songs sometimes normal 1 second to play. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds or 7 or 8 seconds,.

In addition, I don’t know how to export my playlists and favorite songs from the NAS core to other core devices, because I find that importing NAS backup files to other devices is as bad and clunky as the nas core, so I want to export only the playlists and favorite songs and import them into the new core. Instead of importing the entire backup of the old core into the new core.

1 Like

I am very sad that it has been several days since the post was published, and I did not wait for the administrator’s assistance to solve my problem

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.