Hiccups while playing music

No none did it.
Tried them all.

When i do a delete i use this procedure Hiccups while playing music - #26 by jamie

Hi @Ulrik_Deriemaecker,

The method you referenced should work. Can you please post a screen recording of what you’re doing in both Roon and Qobuz to delete albums? And then, screenshots to demonstrate them ‘coming back’?

I simply use your procedure.
They disappear from the database.
And some time later, it can be days, it start to import all the albums and tracks again.
How do i know this? Because the hiccups start again.
What do i notice on my server use the activity-app is that cpu- and memory-usage go up drastically.
What do i see happening in the roon-app on my laptop, not on the server(you told me not to use it on the server). On top right i see a little circle spinning. When i click on the spinning circle i get following screen(s)

And i see the number of tracks in the overview go up again

And they are all back in.
On the side of Qobuz the favourites stay when selecting multiple albums on the same time.

Apparently i am debugging Roon.
We could make a deal with your ceo.
I can negotiate with the ceo in Dutch.

Kind regards,
Ulrik

Hello @Ulrik_Deriemaecker,

The Roon message that you’ve posted is for your local files. Your track count will continue to increase until metadata and track analysis have been completed.

To determine if those tracks are being added from your local library or Qobuz try this:

• Go to storage and disable your local files.
  • Then go to Settings>Library>Library Maintenance>Click Clean up library
  • Restart you Roon Core
  • Now, go to your tracks page
  • Expand Focus
  • Scroll down to STORAGE LOCATIONS and write down the number shown for your Qobuz library
  • Go to the album page
  • Select albums on your album page you’d like to delete
  • Go to the top of the page and click the ellipsis button
  • Then click Remove from Library
  • Reboot your Core
  • Open Roon go to Settings>Services>Edit>Sync Library Now
  • Wait for Qobuz to Sync
  • Now, go back to your tracks page
  • Expand Focus
  • Scroll down to STORAGE LOCATIONS and check the number shown for your Qobuz library
  • Have the deleted tracks returned?

Hello @Jamie

The tracks that return into my tracklist are certainly those of Qobuz.
The ones i delete the albums.

I am not selecting local tracks to be deleted.
Only Qobuz tracks.

Kind regards,
Ulrik

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello,

I installed the latest version 2.0 on my server and clients and the issue remains apparently.
I refer to the old issue which is closed automatically but the problem remains.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/hiccups-while-playing-music/186159/56

Kind regards,
Ulrik

I’ve reopened your old topic and moved your post into it.

@support - is there any update on this issue, please?

I am experiencing minor dropouts (<half a second) once in a while.

Core is hardwired with router, clients are on 5GHz Wifi with ample bandwidth and low latency (>600 Mb/s). There is a mail archiving app running on the server (Xeon(E3-1230 V2, 16GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10) that generates load spikes every five minutes. This interval does not correspond to the timing of those hicups. What does correspond sometimes but not always is a brief “cannot find (connect to) roon core”.

Hello,

I contacted Qobuz about the bulk delete from Roon not working properly.
Apparently it is on their side that is not possible to do this.

If this could help you guys to solve the issue?
The thread with Qobuz

Marina Hennig (Qobuz)

3 Oct 2022, 09:54 UTC

Hello,

Yes this is for now the technical issue and we hope to be able to fix it in a update in the future.

Kind regards,

Qobuz Customer Service

40x40 Ulrik.Deriemaecker

30 Sept 2022, 20:38 UTC

Hello,

Thank you for the input.

If i understand correctly:

When i do a bulk delete from Roon it does not work at the Qobuz side and all the albums stay as favourite marked in Qobuz.
Deleting 1 album from within Roon works and is deleted on the side of Qobuz
This will be corrected in a future release of Qobuz.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best Regards,
Avec meilleures Salutations,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ulrik Deriemaecker
[hidden]

40x40 Marina Hennig (Qobuz)

29 Sept 2022, 14:00 UTC

Hello,

I have a feedback from the team.

This issue has been identified by our teams. They are currently working on a fix that will be released within our next update. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we hope everything will be corrected soon.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.

Best regards,

Qobuz Customer Service
Centre d’activité de l’Ourcq, 45 rue Delizy - 93692 PANTIN-CEDEX

40x40 System (Qobuz)

29 Sept 2022, 13:23 UTC

(13:09:51) *** Visitor 36081454 joined the chat ***
(13:12:13) Visitor 36081454: I have Roon and when i delete a batch of albums in Roon they are imported back intro Roon because they are kept as favourites in Qobuz. What can i do to get rid of these favourites in Qobuz? My complaint with Roonlabs about the issue: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/hiccups-and-deleted-music-from-qobuz-returning-back-in-my-tracks-remain-in-new-version-2-o/216929
(13:13:44) Visitor 36081454: Email adres [hidden]
(13:13:50) Mina: Hello
(13:14:12) Mina: you need to take them out of your favorites in the Qobuz app or our homepage
(13:15:00) Visitor 36081454: Tried that also and even these ones that were taken out of the favourites returned.
(13:15:30) Mina: ok that’s strange
(13:16:08) Visitor 36081454: There are too many to delete. Can i empty my account as a whole? So i can recreate my tracks in Roon from 0.
(13:17:42) Mina: We often get this request and are working on this feature
(13:17:51) Mina: but it is not yet possible to do
(13:18:18) Visitor 36081454: When i delete 1 album in Roon it works and it disappears and it does not return. When i select multiple albums in Roon delete them they disappear and some time later(hours or days) they return in my tracks in Roon.
(13:19:22) Visitor 36081454: I send you the link to the thread with Roonlabs about the issue.
(13:20:19) Mina: yes I saw
(13:20:27) Mina: I will give this to our tech team
(13:21:30) Visitor 36081454: Many thanks for the help. We can communicate through my email.
(13:23:31) *** Visitor 36081454 left the chat ***

Hello,

Has someone noted the issue of not being able to delete Qobuz-tracks from Roon bulk delete?
Apparently Qobuz is not able to perform this bulk delete.

Could you please check it out with them.

Many thanks.
Ulrik

I’m 100% ethernet and I get occasional hiccups. I’m on 2.0

Hey @Ulrik_Deriemaecker,

As you’ve mentioned above, the issue of bulk deleting seems to be Qobuz’s side, which they’re actively working on fixing. We’ve tested this internally and have been able to bulk delete successfully. Could you please try it again and let me know if the issue persists?

Are you still experiencing dropouts when streaming audio? If so, does this come from your local library, as well as streaming content?

Do these dropouts happen across all your endpoints? If you stream to the system output of your core, does the issue persists?

Thanks!

Hello,

The bulk delete works, this was also a year ago so, but after some time Roon gets triggered to import them again and reindex my database. So all the deleted ones are back.
During this reindexing i get the hiccups because for whatever reason the server is using a lot of processor.
I suppose as long they are working on it at Qobuz side nothing will change?
Is someone of your developers having contact of Roonlabs with the developers of Qobuz?
I don’t like to be part of live in productions testing strategy.

Kind regards,
Ulrik

The problem with the hiccups are back.
What happened with the latest upgrade?

The mass delete still doesn’t work with Qobuz.

I am currently in the latest version of Roon en Roonserver version 2.0 build 1353.

Problems are the old ones.

• Hiccups
  • Bulk delete with Qobuz still there. Problem on the side of Qobuz.

Kind regards,

Hi @Ulrik_Deriemaecker,

Thanks for the update! Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

The problem occurs when reindexing the database of my tracks witch is a bit too big (368,214 tracks) and Roonserver starts to do this process regularly and i don’t know what triggers it.
The result is that Roonserver is using a lot of the processors. The only way to stop this is stop the app of Roonserver and restart the app. The server(machine) is dedicated to only Roon.

I would like to empty my tracks(favourites) of Qobuz but the bulk delete from Roon does not work with Qobuz.
If i want to empty my favourites i have to shutdown my abonnement with Qobuz and take a brand new one with Qobuz. They cannot delete my favourites they say.

Kind regards,
Ulrik

I have no issues with going to the Albums screen, focusing on Qobuz, selecting all the Qobuz albums and then getting a Remove from Library option under the 3 dot menu.

See:

However, I only have 118 Qobuz albums in my library. I’m wondering if there is a limit. Try selecting Qobuz and instead of selecting all, group select the top 100 and see if you get a “Remove from Library” option as I’ve shown.