Hiccups while playing music

The problem with the hiccups are back.
What happened with the latest upgrade?

The mass delete still doesn’t work with Qobuz.

I am currently in the latest version of Roon en Roonserver version 2.0 build 1353.

Problems are the old ones.

• Hiccups
  • Bulk delete with Qobuz still there. Problem on the side of Qobuz.

Kind regards,

Hi @Ulrik_Deriemaecker,

Thanks for the update! Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

The problem occurs when reindexing the database of my tracks witch is a bit too big (368,214 tracks) and Roonserver starts to do this process regularly and i don’t know what triggers it.
The result is that Roonserver is using a lot of the processors. The only way to stop this is stop the app of Roonserver and restart the app. The server(machine) is dedicated to only Roon.

I would like to empty my tracks(favourites) of Qobuz but the bulk delete from Roon does not work with Qobuz.
If i want to empty my favourites i have to shutdown my abonnement with Qobuz and take a brand new one with Qobuz. They cannot delete my favourites they say.

Kind regards,
Ulrik

I have no issues with going to the Albums screen, focusing on Qobuz, selecting all the Qobuz albums and then getting a Remove from Library option under the 3 dot menu.

See:

However, I only have 118 Qobuz albums in my library. I’m wondering if there is a limit. Try selecting Qobuz and instead of selecting all, group select the top 100 and see if you get a “Remove from Library” option as I’ve shown.

The problem of the bulk delete is on the side of Qobuz. They admitted it.
But apparently it is for Qobuz not an urgent problem.

The hiccups appear with a new release.
Is toonserver reindexing the database each time with a new release?

Process Roonappliance is has peaks in processor usage.
What is this process doing?

Hi @Ulrik_Deriemaecker,

Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

Hello,

Installed the latest version of Roon: version 2 build 1359 on server & laptop.
At first no problem with server but then as of Jan 20th 2024 around 14:50 Local Belgian time the problem restarted and doesn’t go away.
It is not with a specifically song. With hires-music Roon

doesn’t get through the first 10 seconds.

Also the bulk erase with Qobuz doesn’t work.

Very annoying.
I have to look for an alternative for Roon.
I cannot give demos with this problem on Roon.

Kind regards,
Ulrik

Why is my server using so much processortime.
Roon was not doing this in the past.
This is not just playing a bit of music.

The hiccups started again after some days.
It started with the song Maxime of Donald Fagan around 12:50 CET on 29 jan 24.
See screenshots.

What is this server doing behind my back?
Time to abandon Roon?
Do i have to look for an alternative?

Kind regards

Hi @Ulrik_Deriemaecker,

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues!

You are correct in that your Roon Server has other processes happening outside of audio playback. A few include audio analysis, metadata collection, and maintaining stable network connectivity.

I see that you’re running ~350k tracks on your current Roon Server. What happens if you disable your local library and only run Roon with your streaming service? Make a fresh backup before performing any local library editing.

Refreshing your Roon database may help as well - I’ll share the steps below:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Hello,

I did these steps already in the past and problem was not solved.
The problem is the 300k of songs of Qobuz.
I know.
But the bulk delete in Roon with Qobuz does not work.
A bit later, with a new refresh of Roon, these albums are back in my tracklist.
Qobuz knows the issue and i sent my findings already months ago to Roonlabs.
The delete works only when i erase 1 album at the time.
A bit long in this way.
I asked Qobuz to empty my whole favourites but for that i have to close my account with them and take a new one with Qobuz.
So when i close with them and i go to the competition.
So Roon has to adapt the bulk delete with Qobuz and simulate a 1 by 1 delete in the background.

As both Roon and Qobuz bother me to much I will replace them both.
Problem solved!

Kind regards,
Ulrik

Hello,

Your remark “maintaining stable network connectivity” triggered me to replace the cables of my network.
So i bought top quality ethernet cables and hub to connect the server with roon(Mac Mini 2018, intel) to my lan(internal network), hub and to my Watson Emerson Digital. The Watson, hub and Mac are next to each other. Still with the 8GB of memory and a few weeks running and was playing for 90% excellent. So there was something going on with the network that was not delivering proper data to the Watson. My other streamers are 2 Mytec Brooklin and a Bluesound Pulse 2i. Have the impression these are not so severe in what they receive, less hiccups than with Watson. But the cables and hub solved the issue. Only Room did not send a message something was wrong in the network. It just took more memory and hiccups a a result.
Ones replace the cables i had only hiccups when doing audio analysis, metadata collection tasks. Still problem of to much tracks.

A week ago i upgrade the memory from 8GB to 32GB. Roon is playing properly for about 95 to 98% of the time. Here and there a hiccup but more related to external interference at the internet- and streaming providers(Qobuz). The Mac Mini is eating because of Roon between 12GB and 14GB of the memory.

The problem i still have is that i cannot bulk delete albums because Qobuz does not support your bulk delete.
Album per album works.
Maybe you should simulate a album by album delete in the background with Qobuz?

As i am debugging your Roon application maybe your management should take contact with me ;).

Kind regards,
Ulrik

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.