Hide button for Non Enabled Audio Outputs

Hopefully something like this is relatively straight forward to implement. There are often a lot of Audio devices that are not enabled but still show in the audio page, some devices have multiple audio outputs based on different protocols or devices that are able to output audio but will never be enabled. Simply for the sake of visual declutter and only having Enabled devices showing, it would be a benefit from a quality of life standpoint. Thanks for the consideration.

I am all for this to clean up the space as much as possible. Seems simple to implement.

How could you ever Enable something then?

a hide button implies an unhide button. they’re developers they understand. :slight_smile:

Aha, didn’t see anything about a hide button in your suggestion (or in the original title :slightly_smiling_face:).

The hide button turns into an unhide button when pressed. Now you’ve got to upvote it.

1 Like

Good idea, I am also sick of seeing every permutation of every audio device on every PC connected, let alone Chromecast/Airplay versions of the audio equipment that can do better than that.

Instead of button, they could also break up the window into two tabs, one showing enabled devices only, and one showing either disabled or “all” devices.

1 Like

This has been requested many times, the earliest I could find was 2018.

1 Like

They didn’t do anything back then either, vote. It’s a simple request that soothes the ocd and greatly simplifies the visual clutter. You may not see it first hand but some devices have five or more inactive connections when all you’re really enabling on that device is one. Unnecessary clutter.

I’d be happy with that as a solution as well!

Given how rarely I look at it, it doesn’t bother me at all. I can’t see it giving a lot for the development hour buck, but you never know.

1 Like

I’ve voted for a couple of features that had not direct meaning for me because they were good features, it’s a community after all.

I vote for things that I think are useful and also have more than a snowball’s chance in the underworld of being implemented.
Being on here for years breeds a little pragmatism.

When the feature gets implemented I’ll ask the developers that they release a special version just for you to download that doesn’t have that feature. :slight_smile: Both requests should have as much chance as getting implemented right?

I would have thought so.