HIFI Berry Digi2 Pro Not Working With Release 4.002

Oh wow. Good catch! Indeed the device is not recognized and I’m pretty sure this is the reason.

1 Like

No worries. You’re not :wink:

Anyways, the device is indeed not recognized. Following the link posted by @plg I’m confident that’s what biting you…

I will track follow ups (firmware updates etc.), but if you want audio now you should probably consider buying another HAT.

Thanks

Ok phew! Glad it wasn’t just me being super dumb. Thank you for being so on the ball. Here’s hoping a fix can be found. I had to pay import fees for the Hifiberry HAT, so it’s not financially worth sending it back :s All good, it was a learning exercise.

Cheers!

Ok. You have an idea about other HAT’s or do you need to some tip/hints?
There are plenty RoPieee users that have an opinion about different HAT’s :wink:

do tell, I’m interested in knowing about different Digi HATs

I actually also have an Allo DigiOne that I am currently listening to now, and it sounds great :slight_smile: And worked flawlessly straight away. Always interested in learning more though!

Update: I bought a JustBoom DigiHat which arrived today (thank you DigiKey, next day delivery!), and it works just fine. Running RoPieee 2022.02 (0008) on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5. Chord Mojo connected via optical/toslink.

I haven’t A/B tested yet USB on Pi vs optical on DigiHat but perhaps I’ll just enjoy some music for a while first :wink:

Running a Chord Mojo a;lso with a Digi2 pro and its the Digi2 pro that shows up in Roon and not the downstream via Optical Mojo. Also to note. I indeed did notice a nice improvement in sound opposed to USB from my Macbook pro. Definitely a darker background and sounds much fuller to my ears. As far as optical or Coaxial. I think the Coax sounds the best of all. Loving this Dac and wish I bought it lot sooner would of saved me a few go arounds with lesser dacs.

update: HifiBerry have a new version of the Digi2 Pro which is compatible now with all pi4 boards. Have one in the chain now and it’s great.