Hifi Rose section

I have got the RS150B now for several months. It is a great streamer and dac. But all is subjective.

I like my RS150B over the moon 280D and the 380D. Also compared it with lumin T2. RS150B had my vote… But i think the T2 was a bit better in the highs… a bit to much for me that is.

Thank they are all valid streamers. I just like the screen and how am able to use the streamer dac in my system. Compared to the Moon 280D en 380D the Rs150 won convincible. T2 not so much. But still won to my ears.

The RS150 also takes away my urge to upgrade. Hence there is no other streaming dac that you can compare this unit.

I recommend trying it out it is great and yes it needs to warm up(aka burn in)

Sorry for the very late response. After listening to the RS250 I wasn’t pleased. Certainly the Directstream DAC sounded better. Used Roon to play through both devices. The RS250’s DAC is not very good in my opinion and I sold it.

I have had the 250 for a week. I can’t resist the upgrade!

My two Roses are working with no issues whatsoever with Roon…

Anybody have an RS130? I’d like to know how it compares to the RS150B.
StandardModel

Ever the sucker for Audio Bling I bought the RS 130. It is a beautiful object. It is the Rosetta Stone of Streamers. The screen is beautiful and bigger than anybody else’s. Size matters. don’t let anybody tell you differently.
On the other hand it would help to be a full fledged programmer to use it. The software is a work in progress. Most of it is great and so far as I can tell, it’s way more sophisticated than the other Streamers/Transports out there. Nevertheless with a panoply of features comes difficulty in setup/operation.
The Rose software people are constantly improving it and have come a long way.

1 Like

Why is it taking so long to certify the HIFI Rose 130 device, when do you anticipate Roon Core being able to Enable and use this device please - see my correspondence from HIFI Rose on this subject?

Why do you advertise that your Rose 130 is Roon Ready when Roon approvals have not be granted?
And in the UK we cannot use Roon to interface to a Rose 130 ?
Many thanks
BJC

HifiRose (1 day ago)

Hello

Other Hi-Fi Rose devices that support Roon were always certified by Roon during the brochure production period.
We don’t know why Roon is taking so long with the authentication process this time.
We will do our best to support Roon as quickly as possible.

Thank you

This is a ROON community - why are ROON not responding to the reason behind the certification problem, I am going to cancel my Annual ROON subscription and use the Rose interface instead - ROON you should not he hiding from your customers on this point !

Roon never comments on certification process.

Not really sure why anyone would by a 130 instead of (significantly cheaper, has better screen) a 250 which would work exactly the same as a streamer, and has a DAC built-in as well…