High RAM usage on Synology NAS when running Roon 2.0 - constant re-starting of Roon remote on mac

Roon Core Machine

Synology RS1221+
AMD Ryzen V1500B
16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not sure this is relevant here - Unifi networking gear

Connected Audio Devices

Roon client on Mac

Number of Tracks in Library

c.6.5k tracks

Description of Issue

Roon 1.8 was running great
Upgraded to Roon 2.0 - have been using both remote and ARC
RAM usage has gone from low single digits to using all available RAM on the NAS
When loading Roon remote on mac, the home page constantly refreshes and kicks you out of any menu etc.

Really feels like a memory leak - screenshot shows usage of the NAS’ memory before and after installing 2.0…

Hey @abadr,

First off, you have my sincerest apologies for the delay in my response.

I’d be curious to see if refreshing your database may help with this issue. Where and how is your database running on your NAS? Performing a database refresh may be a good way to test to see if that is the source of your issues.

Let me know!

Hey Ben - no worries re. timing.

When you speak about a database refresh, do you mean running library maintenance?

Thanks!

Is that RoonOnNAS or some docker container

The Roon package:

Running on an SSD

Hey @abadr,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue further. As a next step, could you please do a fresh install of Roon 2.0 and let me know if you experience similar issues?

We’re seeing a fair amount of errors related to dropbox, do you currently have dropbox setup as a backup location? I don’t think there is any direct relation to the issue you’re seeing here, but something worth mentioning if you might have another way to set up automated backups.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.