High resolution audio from Amazon

So close. Oh well.

If Roon could play to the Echo Studio I might be interested in getting some, but I bet its locked down tight. Shame as it might not be a bad product, just stuck in a crap eco system.

1 Like

Given my limited knowledge, the only access I have to Amazon HD is from my Ipad using Airplay 2/ Shairpoint to my Sonore streamer and Mytek DAC. The Amazon App interface is limited compared to ROON. Airplay is 44/16 max. I will not change unless I am denied Qobuz/Tidal on ROON because Qobuz/Tidal or ROON fail or until Amazon provides a superior product.

I will drop Tidal when I can stream 192/24 on my Sonore streamer to my DAC.

1 Like

I can stream Amazon to my Bose using the Bose Soundtouch app. I’m limited to 24/96 with the Bose. I’m also limited to 24/96 using Dragonfly Cobalt and headphones. With my limited budget sound system alternatives, I’m limited to 24/96 with Tidal and Qobuz also.

They might and I hope they do, but as such a big company with a large dev team you would think they would have thought about this already considering they mention dacs in their knowledgebase.

I asked about exclusive mode the first day. They told me I would need to ask the third-party software company. I told them I was using their software. No reply.

3 Likes

Says it all really. It all about the money,money and not the enthusiast.

No way. Amazon is in it for the soul of hi-res music. I mean look at these graphs. Clearly the best audio graphs since the Pono days of yore.

3 Likes

That might be better than Qobuz.

1 Like

Oh no they are doomed after all. You cant compare the HiRes Logo to an Ultra HD graph, no contest.

2 Likes

You might stream Amazon through the J River audio drivers to bypass the system and get bit perfect, whatever that means with Amazon.

What exactly is your problem?

1 Like

Optical can go to 192. I am listening to it right now.

Yes, you are right!

As a Prime user, I have taken the Amazon Music trial. Compared to Qobuz, the High Res library is significantly larger in the categories of music I follow. At the price, Amazon HD is a no brainer. Sound wise, it’s good enough for my kit. If and when it’s incorporated in Roon, it is difficult to see how Tidal and Qobuz will continue to grow or even retain subscribers. That will have a knock on effect on Roon unless they incorporate Amazon. BlueSound works flawlessly with Amazon HD. I have yet to find a way of getting the service to my main sound system without a laptop and USB connection. A first world problem.

1 Like

Cheese ‘n’ crackers, Jim. You’ve been publicly agonizing over this for days.

Nothing is forever. Take a plunge one way or the other.

“Do. Or do not. There is no try” :smirk:

1 Like

Your Bluesound rep is full of crap… :yum: All Bluesounds do 24/192 over their optical output, incl my vintage Vault Mk I

I had a long talk with NAD techs years ago about why they only specify 24/96 for Toslink audio when their kit can and does do 24/192 very well. It boiled down to 24/192 being very cable and implementation dependent, at least back then, so they deemed it not worth the support costs to advertise being able to do the higher rate.

1 Like

This is good to know. Maybe I can find a good price for a used one. I haven’t looked into these products at all. It there any certain model you’d recommend over others?

I have a 60 day free trial of Roon. I will decide before the end of that trial. Why do you think we do trials?