High resolution audio from Amazon

No, he’s not full of crap and he’s not a rep. That reply came from Bluesound directly. He may have been speaking about the limits of my Bose system which is 24/96.

Actually the Vault MkI! I’ve had Nodes also, both 1:st and 2:nd gen but they didn’t leave the same, excellent impression. Good, yes, but not outstanding.
My preconcieved idea why, is that the Vault does not have wifi/bluetooth and the PSU is external.
It sounds even better with an sBooster PSU also!

1 Like

The Amazon app lets you add your own local library. Problem is, the app’s metadata capabilities are quite limited compared to Roon. The music is in there, but you won’t have all the fancy reviews, biographies, and links to other artists, etc.

That is true.

interesting about the Vault mk1. does the Vault 2 have an external supply as well?

But, those are not needed in every situation. Using Amazon Music HD through Android Auto, I don’t want to be distracted by those things. I’m driving, not reading, I just need artist/album title/song title with a playback time indicator in that instance. Now, when I’m sitting around a desktop computer, then, I have time and want that extra information.

I dont think so, but i only had a Vault 2 for a couple of days at home. It was mechanically noisy, extremely irritating. I returned it… :frowning:

1 Like

I have one, and I genuinely have to put my head next to it to really hear anything. I would say it’s far from irritating, to be fair, although I can appreciate that your experience and situation is unique from mine Perhaps it’s a blessing, in this case, that I’m likely just going deaf, anyhow! :rofl:

I have heard from my local Blusound rep that their demo unit is also irritatingly noisy but they are not all like that. They have a “knittering” sound, similar to older laptops while their harddrives were working hard.

Not sure why anyone would object to paying a company in which Jay-Z has an interest but is happy to support the enrichment of Jeff Bezos, one of the richest men on earth - a man who is happy to take basic health care away from his employees (Whole Foods), whose company fails to contribute in any meaningful way to the tax base to the countries who support and enable his business, and who is responsible for abhorrent work conditions at Amazon warehouses.

Tidal at least pays significantly better rates to artists than other streaming services and if you value music at all that is the very minimum you should expect (still not good enough admittedly).

Choice is good in my opinion, I would welcome all and any music streaming services being available through Roon, but anyone wishing Amazon to become the monopoly in High Res music or any other area of commerce should probably ask themselves what they are wishing for and why.

27 Likes

OUCH …(10 char)

We’re all enabling the systematic screwing of musicians by supporting streaming services, why not accelerate the race to the bottom.

I chose long ago to never do business with a predator like Amazon again.

I have about 10 movie in my Amazon Video Library currently. Every time I try to visit Amazon…not very often…they will not let me in with my VPN on. I refuse to visit a site that makes me turn off my VPN just to give them money. Even if the VPN issue wasn’t an issue I still won’t use Amazon every again…ever.

Great, let them get their hooks into the streaming business and then destroy all competition with the full backing of the Deep State.

Amazon is a destroyer… I hope Roon is smart enough to tell Bezos and his minions to blow off. Making a deals with the Devil is pretty bad idea in my opinion.

I would rather see Spotify in Roon than Amazon Hi-Res.

3 Likes

Your world must suck.

No not at all… Why would you say that?

Just because you aren’t concern about the world’s largest predatory monopoly now moving to own the streaming business? So some how my awareness makes my world suck… Strange logic…if any logic was actually used.

4 Likes

This is not a political issue, at least for me. Its a very practical issue: use Roon to stream music from the best/cheapest music streaming service.

To me, Amazon is a successful company, nothing more nor less. And if Amazon is the future of streaming high quality music, then I for one want to use it (preferably with Roon).

4 Likes

Remember Amazon started as an one man & a dog company, the man himself did the deliveries himself on a truck.

Any one of us can be as successful as the man himself through hard work, dedication, etc. and of course sometimes being lucky.

So I do not get it that someone hates him, same as lot of people rant against Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc.

2 Likes

What happened with the dog?

7 Likes

I really like your sense of humour! Remind me of the UK.

Nothing about hate here.

When the few control access to content…books, movies, music and they decide your book, movie or music is no longer of value to their goals, all they have to do is turn off the spigot. What are you gone do then. They own it all.

I hope saving that 5 bucks a month makes it worth it as you slowly lose control to the digital overlords.

I have nothing else to say about it. We disagree. Cool by me.

3 Likes