HighResAudio as a Roon service

Roon do not comment on anything like this until it’s launched. Its always been their policy.

Was not aware of that; but thanks.

I guess if Roon could provide an SDK that could be used by external companies to provide HighRes content - that would solve the issue. Anybody could provide content and make use of the Roon infrastructure. And Roon as a company would benefit from that as well. :slight_smile:

I have nothing against High Res music and think it would be great if Roon could incorporate such a service for those who want to subscribe to it.
I fear the holes in the library may be an issue although the gaps would be filled by other streaming service if people had a second subscription and a local library.
The recent release of MQA 16/44 material has highlighted just how much recent music is authentically in CD resolution which raises a question over so called high res versions. That’s ok if it’s what people want though.

Just thinking aloud here

Reached out to the good people of HighRESAudio. The replied that Roon is not willing to integrate HRA. Apparantly a political issue.Technically it would have been easily done.
This will probably the end of me using Roon, as something like this is just not acceptable in this modern world.

1 Like

I’m curious, what would you replace Roon with. Who has anything close to what Roon does technically and aesthetically?
Or did you not really need Roon with all it does offer in the first place? There are plenty of players that just play music out there… Good luck in the future…

I’ll be honest there appear significant differences in attitude between the two companies and this sort of thing doesn’t help heal those rifts. But if that is where your loyalties sit then do what you need to do. Roon will be here if you change your mind.

Thanks. The soap continues. Roon responded quickly to me as well stating that they would gladly incorporate the service and that I should reach out to HRA. So tell me who to believe. The funny thing is now that they both would like to incorporate eachothers service, so what is actually the problem here folks.

I use the integration of my DSD music files and streaming services and agree that Roon is class leading, especially with the hardware / software integration (as long as it is Roon tested - e.g. Roon doens’t play well with my AudioNu soud card).

This situation will force me to make the choice between the hardware integration or the better service integration of Audirvana. In the meantime I secretly hope that the companies can sort out the attitude differences as this hurts their customer satisfaction whilst they are operation in the same niche market.

1 Like

@Obbe_Wassenaar is right; I was one of the persons originally requesting the same integration, to no avail. I wonder if this has something to do with competitive/quasi-exclusivity arrangements with Tidal or Qobuz. Alas, it seems like HRA is somehow to blame, since even their existing integration with Audirvana is also far from perfect - for instance, the absurdity of not being able to search by artist on HRA (unless you use the imperfect “advanced search” on their Mac app, since not even HRA mobile apps are available).

Anyway, sometimes I wonder when this “it’s you, not me” game is going to end, so customers can have a truly integrated solution in their hands.

I only used the service once to buy some files, their search and Interface is truly dreadful.

The issue is likely to be that in order to it is integration Roon needs more from the streaming service than its standard API. Roon needs database dumps and other information from them to provide it’s deep integration and will not so more basic integrations. If the standard APIs were OK with Roon it would be relatively easy to add most streaming services and we would have a lot more than just Tidal/Qobuz.

1 Like

Or a lot less because it wouldn’t be integrated in the way it is now.

I am happy to report that, probably thanks to our insistence, artist search is now working with HRA Streaming (at least under Audirvana) - you may try it yourselves.

1 Like

This Topic is of interest since 2018 (in it’s 3rd year). But I am not sure if ROON is willing to implement this. I suggest that Feature-Requests are posted somewhere in order to see if ROON has caught the ball indeed:

ROON has done a very good job in integrating Tidal and Qobuz. Theres seems to be one more interesting Service for true high resolution out there: HIGHRESAUDIO | home of high-resolution audio, which allows a subscription as well as download-purchases in High Resolution Quality.

I suggest ROON to check if you can provide this service to your users! Could be a good match!

Kind regards Felix

2 Likes

Been asking for the same thing for a while now - no feedback.

1 Like

ROON has done a very good job in integrating Tidal and Qobuz. Theres seems to be one more interesting Service for true high resolution out there: HIGHRESAUDIO | home of high-resolution audio, which allows a subscription as well as download-purchases in High Resolution Quality.

I suggest ROON to check if you can provide this service to your users! Could be a good match!

Kind regards Felix

1 Like

Not really the right section of the forum for feature requests. One for this service already exists, see here:

Thank you! This issue suggested patiently since 2018, I am not sure if ROON is willing to go for that!
It would be very helpful to get a feedback from ROON to learn more on their intents!
Felix

Seems this a dead thread, despite HighResAudio definitely is a topic!

Yes, we have no power to force such integration. As german guy I would like to see HRA as roon service…

3 Likes