How Big Is Your Library

Hi John

You are indeed lucky if you do not have this issue. I too have meticulously tagged my classical disc over the years. I have even gone to the trouble of adding a Custom Tag “Composition” as its not a standard one. That was then populated with the help of MusiCHI Tagger and a lot of hard work . I have latterly added “Movement” and started to populate that in albums where Roon fails to split a Composition into movements . This often works

So I would not say my tagging was perfect but it certainly isn’t a “Scrappy Mess”

All that said I still have issues as Tony outlined above

I am about 2 months into Roon and I am still finding issues. The number of Non ID’ed albums is now low (after a lot of manual input) but I am still coming across albums where the Composition has been missed for some reason. Hence if you use Composition View you do not get a full picture.

My album Titles added manually have a standardised format eg. Beethoven: Piano Concertos I am not sure whether this helps but certainly in Album View Filtering "Beethoven: " shows up MOST of the albums but ineviutablt not ALL

I wonder if a new thread asking “How do you Navigate To Your Desired Classical Album (Or even Work)” may throw up some more ideas for the devs to persue.

Incidently as you seem to have the answer , is there anything special about your albums. For example

• do you have lots of Single albums as opposed to Box sets. (again I see Box sets more troublesome)
  • Are all your albums Mainstream Labels eg DG, Phillips etc (I find those identified more easily)
  • Are all the artists mainstream , eg Karajan etc

Mike