How can a add a network drive attached to a RT-AX58U?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

M1 Mac mini

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-AX58U core is attached vie ethernet, Western Digital My Passport attached vie USB to the router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Kef LS50 Wireless II, Sonos Beam and One SL’s

Description Of Issue

I have a HD attached via USB to my router that I would like to have Roon discover but cannot figure out how to have Roon find it. I also can’t find the right network path for the drive on my router

Try this guide …

My advice is don’t…your router is not designed to efficiently serve files up, and roon performance will likely suffer as a result.

I think you may be right there. I think that until full Roon readiness occurs for my KEF LS50 WII’s I will just run my new Mac mini hardlined to the speakers for Roon.

I went through all the steps mentioned in the tutorial but Roon says it is an invalid network path.

Hi @Adam_Sloan,

For your router to support USB shares, it also needs to be able to set up SMB sharing options and then you would need to put in the same credentials in your Roon Network Sharing:

I would confirm that the share works from a PC first before trying to add it to the Core.

A router is not really an ideal place to host a network share, it will be slow and maybe will also impact roon’s performance as a result.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.