How can I import Music.app playlists

*Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS 10.15.1 (19B88)/MacBook Pro 13", 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports/Roon Version 1.7 (build 500)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I have just downloaded Roon and would like to try it out.
As I do have a large music library I wanted to import my playlists from the new Music.app in macOS Catalina. The FAQ and User Guide have lots of information about how to import playlists from iTunes and I have followed those instructions. However, neither ist any of my former iTunes playlists nor any of the new Music.app playlists shown in Roon. I think I have tried many different ways of importing them but no playlist is shown in Roon at all.

How can I make my playlists show in Roon?

Thanks for any help.

Hi @Lars_Clasen,

In the Apple Music app you should be able to go to Library > Export which will generate an XML file. Once you have the XML file you can follow the instructions in our KB to import the playlists into Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.