How do I add music to my Nucleus?

how do i rip music files to my roon nucleus?
when on my pc it cannot see the nucleus even though it is on the same network

Is your PC running the latest version of Windows 10? It may be this issue:

You may also need to explicitly enter \\Nucleus\ in the File Explorer address field to get it to show up because of this issue.

1 Like

Hey @Daniel_Warrell,

I moved your post over to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look at your issue here. So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Just to confirm, you’re trying to copy music from your PC to the Internal Storage of your Nucleus, correct?

First, I recommend you check out our article on the subject, here. You can access your Nucleus by going to File Explorer on your PC and entering \\NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage.

If you do this are you able to connect? Do you get any error messages?

I can do that on a Mac,but 2 different windows machines will not connect to nucleus.

Let me explain. After changes in control panel to enable sub on windows 10 computer I can see th nucleus listed under network in windows file explorer. However, when I select it I get a network error dialog box “ windows cannot access\NUCLEUS’ Hitting “diagnosis” it looks for problems after some time it says your computer seems to be configured correctly but NUCLEUS is not responding.

But if I do the equivalent on an iMac computer. I can see the nucleus and navigate to the internal drive and copy files to it??

I want to use the windows to do the ripping, what am I doing wrong.
The same thing happens on another windows 10 machine I have.

All devices are on the same network.

Thanks for the info, @Daniel_Warrell, and sorry for the issues here.

Are you able to access the Nucleus Web Administration Interface from the Windows machine?

If you enter the IP address instead of NUCLEUS in File Explorer are you able to connect? It would look something like:

\\192.168.X.X\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

yes that takes me to the internal drive of the nuclues.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that this has been resolved for you, @Daniel_Warrell! If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out!

this doesnt really resolve the issue. I cant point the ripping software to this folder to put rips into a watched folder. How can I rip cd’’’'s into a folder that is watched by nuclues so it will add new music into my library and keep it current and backed up?

i can save from db poweramp to any networked computer from my windows PC but i cannot save to the nuclues…WHY?

can I set up the nuclues to monitor a folder on another PC on the network and put new albums into the roon library? HOW?

I wish to offer my sincere apologies here, @Daniel_Warrell!

I misunderstood — I thought you couldn’t access the Internal Storage of the Nucleus from the Windows machine.

Instead of using the Internal Storage of Nucleus, you can add a watched folder from the PC that you are ripping the CDs to.

First you want to make sure that the folder the media is stored on that you are ripping to is configured to be shared over the network. Then, in Roon, you can add this folder as a watched folder by going to Settings > Storage.

From there you can choose Add Folder > Add Network Share. Just enter the path to the shared folder, along with the appropriate Username and Password, and click Add Network Share. Now any music added to this folder will imported into Roon.

One thing to keep in mind, though, if you are already using the Internal Storage of Nucleus, is that you don’t want to have duplicate media in both this networked watched folder and the internal storage. These should be two different media libraries.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions!

I am ripping straight to usb drive attached to my Roon ROCK so this is possible. Just checking that you do have and additional drive in the Nucleus to store your music. Just that you can’t use the m.2 card the os is installed on you need an additional drive either inside the unit or attached via usb or a network drive.

I have added a 1tb internal ssd drive that has my library on it.

Hey @Daniel_Warrell,

Just to clarify here — You can use both the Internal Storage and the shared folder if you’d like.

If you’d like to place the ripped files onto the Internal Storage of the Nucleus, the best option is to copy them via File Explorer. We do not recommend ripping directly to the internal storage of the Nucleus.

Again. I cannot with navigate to the nucleus from windows explorer in the normal way. Nucleus shows as a networked device but clicking on it gives an error as I previously stated. I can address it by putting the ip 192.168.1.xx and then see the internal drive and all folders. The problem is that programs like ripping software use the normal explorer app to set the path and when that is used it gives an error stating nucleus is not accessible. I would like to rip directly to the nucleus internal 1 tb ssd drive.

And have you added SMBv1 access capability to your Windows 10? It sounds as though something might have gone amiss there.

when i try this it says it is an invalid path. i have tried every way but get the same error the pc name is audiophile-pc no username or password is required the folder is on audiophile-pc/Desktop/nuclues rip what is the format \audiophile-pc\Desktop\nucleus rip and snb//audiophile-pc/Desktop/nuclues rip neither of these work and both result in an invalid path error

yes file sharing is turned on

yes i added SMBv1 to windows 10