How do I find my NAS

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac mini OSX

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Synology Diskstation412 over ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have just installed Roon on my Mac and want to add the music folder on my NAS drive.

I have tried add folder using the IP address of the NAS but it can’t find it

Hello @Ian_McNamara. Welcome. Have you read the Roon KB on configuring your NAS?

Can you be explicit about the path or give a screenshot of the method you tried?

Right,
I don’t know if I read that
I read a lot of your stuff and it didn’t solve it

I shouldn’t have to search document after document just to find how to add my NAS
Surely this is basic

The bottom lime is this, you may have a great product but your set up is crap

Make sure your folder is accessible by smb

No idea what that means or how to achieve it

Hi @Ian_McNamara, It’s not that hard but you just have to understand some minor things how your Synology NAS/network works. You can check SMB on you Synology under control panel, file services.

If you set up the NAS correctly just add the folder where your music is in Roon. You have to specify this folder, just adding your NAS IP address isn’t enough. Please see my help here: Nucleus not seeing Synology DS718+

Hi @Ian_McNamara,

Do you have a username/password set for your Synology? You have to specify the folder/username/password when trying to add the share in Roon.

A typical smb address looks like this:
smb://192.168.1.100/Music

If you are not certain of what parameters to use, can you try accessing the Synology web config and share a few screenshots of the share info?

1 Like

Hi

I entered an address in that format as well as the uid and password.

Hi @Ian_McNamara,

Can you please share a few screenshots?

A screenshot of the address you put into Roon with the outputting error message and a screenshot of the Synology Web config share name would be helpful in troubleshooting this further. Thanks!

Hi, I’ve cancelled my subscription
Thanks for trying to help

Wow!

///////

Hi @Ian_McNamara,

Sorry to hear that you decided not to continue your Roon trial.

Since you have already canceled, there is not much that we can do, but if you ever want to give Roon another try just let us know!

Hi @Ian_McNamara, I’m also sorry we didn’t get to solve your NAS connection. Network issues can be problematic and while things often go smoothly, sometimes hiccups occur. If you do decide to give Roon another try, they and the community will be ready to help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.